websites/ payment method

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by mattybock, Aug 23, 2013.

1. mattybock

mattybock New Member

So all the guns I've had have been paid for with cash. All the guns I've ever seen bought have been paid for with cash. I literally have never seen anyone use any other method. But then again... never seen a woman buy a gun, so maybe that explains the absence of credit cards? So, about what amount of your patrons pay with what method?

Also, I'm planning on setting up a business website but don't know jack short of squat about services. Well, that's not true. I know squat. I don't know Jack.

Anyway- If I had a mind to make a business website, how'd I go about doing that? What server would I go with?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Don't know a thing about servers but I can tell you in my experience most customers paid with a card.
    If you're setting up online I would avoid PayPal. They are not gun friendly and will screw you if they get the chance.

3. string1946

string1946 New Member

Most of the guns I have bought on line required a postal money order for payment. Most of what I buy are C&R's and come from collectors rather than dealers and most I deal with don't trust Cashiers Checks. I have bought from a few that excepted credit cards but they charged 3% extra if you use the card its probably worth it because if there is a problem with what you ordered that gives you more options.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  4. pomfirearms

pomfirearms New Member

I take a lot of deposits to order guns via credit card. I have had some people pay for their firearms via credit card. Stay away from Paypal due to their antigun views.

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I think only 5 or 6 of my firearms transactions have been with a CC . Most all of mine are done as a cash transaction . Thats just my prefered method to pay ;)

6. 1911love

1911love New Member

I prefer cash as well and it saves you CC fees. I'd rather my LGS be upfront about the CC charges versus building in 3% to every transaction.