webley pistols?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by historicgun, Jul 8, 2011.

1. historicgun

historicgun New Member

i am currently looking at a webley pistol and as i researched its serial number i learned it was made from 1949-1951 a good amount of blueing is missing but its in pretty good shape overall..could anyone tell me anything more about it? it has a white 51 on the side of it as well does that mean anything?

2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I don't know much about the Webley firearms, but I think the 51 means it was made in 1951. I could be wrong, but that would be my guess.

3. historicgun

historicgun New Member

well that may be the case but it looks like it was painted on like they sometimes do on world war two rifles but thank you

4. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

5. historicgun

historicgun New Member

thank you very much

6. historicgun

historicgun New Member

the pistols on this site are only .455 the one im looking at is .38s&w sorry for not mentioning that before

7. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I was looking at the site and the last Webley it mentions is the Mark 4 which is in .38 s&w.

8. utf59

utf59 New Member

Pics always help.

If the number is painted on as you describe, it could just be an armory number.

9. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I can tell you its a British pistol. The .455 was used in the 1911 British version in WWII. They also had the .38 pistol, cant tell you much more.

10. historicgun

historicgun New Member

thank you very much i will try to get pictures up as soon as i can

11. sharpshooterbjp

sharpshooterbjp New Member