weatherby frozen choke!!! help!!!

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by duddie10, May 24, 2013.

1. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

Hey guys. I picked up this weatherby model 92 about 8 months ago. Just took it out last weekend and dident like how it shot skeet. So i got a full choke and went to change it. Well low and behold the choke in the gun wont come out. Ive been soaking it in wd-40 and tryed frog lube with a hair dryer. No luck. Any one got any good ideas on how to get it out?

ForumRunner_20130524_221205.jpg

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Kroil. Put it muzzle down into a container of Kroil, let set 24 hrs. Warm barrel w/ hair dryer after removing from soak (and draining)

3. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

Im guna pick some up today thanx for the tip!! Hopw it works

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Pick up some anti seize compound while you are shopping, apply a dab to the choke tube you install. Especially if you don't change choke tubes often.

Just curious, why a full choke. I use either a cylinder or improved cylinder.

5. c3shooter

Yep. What he said ^^^.

6. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

Will do going to lowes in a few to get the koril now and anti seize. Ive been soaking in over night with pb. Its the only other choke i have for the weatherby. I think my mossberg 835 has a full choke in it and it shoots real good for me. Im guna check that now?!

7. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

Nope i was wrong my mossberg has an improved cylinder choke. Well im off to cabels to pick one up now. The end of the barrel is soaking in the koril oil. Hope this works.

8. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

are these the guns youll be bringing to the meet in oct?

9. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

As long as the choke comes out of the weatherby its coming. If not the mossberg is my never fail gun.

10. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Take it out and tap it with the handle of a screwdriver every couple of hours. That helps break the seal and allows the oil to penetrate deeper.

11. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

WD40 is a waste of money on anything.

12. c3shooter

Truthfully, I keep WD-40 for one primary use-When hot bluing a firearm, after it comes out of the boiling water bath, I spray it with WD-40, and it does a good job of DISPLACING WATER.

We use the stuff by the bucketfull at work- when we are doing test cylinders of concrete, we spay the plastic molds with WD-40 so the concrete does not stick.

Not really that good a penetrant, and for lube it is about par with kerosene.

13. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

Just an update. Been soaking in the koril for a full day took it out and used a hair dryer. choke moved about 1/2 a turn and stopped. I tapped it a few times with a small rubber hammer and put it back in the koril see in a few more days if i can get it to move some more.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  14. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

15. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

Yesss. Thank god and koril oil!!!