Weapons Training

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by JacobAndrews, Feb 6, 2008.

1. JacobAndrews

JacobAndrews New Member

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forums. I'm wondering if you know of any locations in Vancouver, BC that offer weapons training ? If they also offer offer physical training and defending your self from weapons that would be great!

2. bkt

bkt New Member

Hey Jacob. Welcome!

Not specifically, no, but check on ar15.com in the Hometown areas (check Washington State and maybe Utah). There are a lot of roving classes you can take for handgun, shotgun, carbine, knife, etc.

Check locally for some place that teaches Krav Maga.

3. OFADAN

OFADAN New Member

There are a number of LEO's, Security and others from BC who train at - www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com. which covers everything you just mentioned - firearms, edged weapons, impact weapons, & empty hands.

4. JacobAndrews

JacobAndrews New Member

Thanks a lot for the quick replies. I've been looking at locations that offer Krav Maga training around me and there seems to be a limitation on what they are willing to teach. They offer a version to the public but another that is strictly restricted to military/police officers. I don't like the idea of wasting my time learning a watered down version, can anyone confirm the differences between the two versions? Is it illegal to learn some martial arts ?

5. bkt

bkt New Member

When it becomes necessary to ask that question, its answer should become unimportant.

If I were you, I'd try to find someone who will teach you the proper techniques, not some LEO-approved diluted version.