Weapons Arsenal

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by Grey, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Grey

Grey New Member

Im looking to collect the perfect weapons arsenal for a SHTF fan scenario and for all around use like hunting, plinking and on the job use, ect (I may join a police force when I turn 21.).

So basically I want to know what you guys think about this arsenal?
    1. Springfield XDM 9mm-Most common pistol caliber worldwide, lightweight.
    2. Springield Loaded Tactical Combat .45ACP-Dependable and awesome.
    3. Stag Arms AR-15 Model T2 5.56-Accurate and compact.
    4. Makarov 9x18Mak-Reliable and easy to conceal.
    5. Saiga 7.62x39-Reliable AK style.
    6. Mossberg 500A1 12Ga-Reliable hunting weapon, common.
    7. Remington 700 30-06-Long range and reliable.
    8. Springfield M1A .308-Awesome.

Any thoughts on how I could improve this arsenal?
    My limit is ten guns.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. Hey-you-guys

Hey-you-guys New Member

Well I think you need eleven guns for your collection to be considered an arsenal. But I would throw in a bolt-action chambered in .30-06 to eliminate zombies from long distances.

3. Grey

Grey New Member

Lmao, funny that you mentioned that.
    I accidentally forget to type #7 which is a Remington 700 in 30-06.
    Just what Doc ordered. =)

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but I don't see any M14 variants on your list.

Hello? No M14, no arsenal.

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

And put a Marlin 39A .22 on that list, as well.

6. Hey-you-guys

Hey-you-guys New Member

My grandpa was in Marine Recon. He said the M14 was the best rifle he ever fired.

7. Grey

Grey New Member

I was thinking about an M14 variant for a long time so as soon as you mentioned one I knew I should add it to my list! =) As for the .22, I already own a Ruger. I think that'll complete my dream gun collection but if anyone else has suggestions, Im listening.
    I want to add a rifle with the bull pup design but theyre so pricey.
    Im also thinking of adding a Glock but I dont want to become a Glock addict.
    If I buy too many I wont be able to shoot them all! -_- lol.

8. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I just added a Ruger 1022 to my safe. At least after the ten day Calif gun jail sentance it will be in my safe.:D:eek::D

9. Grey

Grey New Member

Yep, thats what I own. I also have a 30 round magazine to go with it. =)

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

FWIW, this is a link to a pretty good blog by a gent that is a professor of veterinary medicine at Viginia Tech. On the green bar at left, scroll ALL the way down until you come to an article called "The Minimum Battery". You COULD do a lot worse than following the outline he gives. THE NEW RIVER VALLEY OUTDOORSMAN

I would have a hard time deciding which 10 of my children I would keep, and which I would orphan! Yes, the 12 g is a must, but the 20 makes such as good dove gun, and the 410 is really fun for quail, and that 16 was such a bargain.........:rolleyes:

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's a good blog and a good article. Thanks. :cool:

12. Grey

Grey New Member

Yeah, I agree. Awesome blog. I think I made great choices on guns.
    Now I just gotta buy em! =D

13. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Get a Glock 17 to go with your new M14, and you will be set. The only reason I did not recommend one was because you had an XD on your list, so I figured you loved XD's.

14. Grey

Grey New Member

Not necessarily. I like everything for what they are. I've fired one XD and three Glocks. I just picked an XDM for the M factor, the grip angle and the cost. But I love the Glocks durability. The XD has more parts and seems like it MAY be a little less reliable. Big maybe.

15. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

"Give that man a Kewpie doll!" Survival and sustenance requires nothing more than a .22. Any time a pilot would ask me what he should be strapped with (They were always looking for an excuse to carry a .45 instead of the Beretta 9mm) when flying into Indian Country, I'd ask them what the target would be shooting back at them with. Funny how they thought that there was a snowball's chance in Hell that they could survive a shoot-down and then fight their way out of the Balkans or Iraq with one handgun. Rabbits, pigeons, rats, robins..... It ain't the Waldorf Astoria, but it's chow.

16. Grey

Grey New Member

A .22 isnt likely going to help me survive a bear attack...

I'd prefer to be properly armed but I DO have a .22 for hunting purposes.

17. Moss99

Moss99 New Member

Where's the wheel gun? .357

18. Grey

Grey New Member

I also want a wheel gun in .357...

Im never going to be satisfied...lol.

19. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Looks like a good list to me. Only thing I would maybe tweek is switchin the rem m700 to .308 with the M1A or changing the m1a to a M1 garand to go with the m700 30'06 to consolidate your ammo needs
    My list would be
    G21 45Acp
    AK 7.62x39 variant (mines romanian)
    M4 5.56
    Moss 500
    Scoped rifle in mag caliber--Mines a M700 in 7stw

20. Trocar

Trocar New Member

Hey!!! What about something in 7.62x39? For mid range defense, any one of my polytechs, or vector underfolders with a 75rd drum would be the first thing i grab. The Saiga 12 is also nice if you have a 20 rd drum, and have 4 holes drilled into it near the gas chamber to make sure you have smooth cycling. The hoss Armalite AR10 in my avatar (which shoots circles around any springfield .308) is only used if they're coming from over 700 yards, and i have plenty of time. The XDM9 is definitely on my list as well.
    I'm not a fan of ar15's like i once was. I just don't like the round. The only .223 i own is a bushmaster type 97s carbon pistol. It breaks down nicely, and fits perfectly into a slim line briefcase. I would even take a MAK90, or a CIA built underfolder over anything in .223/5.56. AK's run like sewing machines, and are true battle rifles.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009