We Remember...Keep Them Flying!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Allergies are acting up.

3. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

For me it was peeling onions!

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Excellent video ... damn allergies! :( Wait, I don't have allergies :eek:

On a side note, did you all hear about Hanks?spielberg teaming up for a min-series ala BoB telling the story of of aerial wars fought by bombers enlisted in the US' Eighth Air Force, nicknamed The Mighty Eighth?

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the duo's miniseries will be based on historian Donald L. Miller's non-fiction book Masters of the Air: America's Bomber Boys Who Fought the Air War Against Nazi Germany.

I don't know about you all but I thought BoB and the Pacific were awesome. Some of the best material ever put to film :)

5. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
  6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Sure brought tears to this old vet's eyes.:eek:

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Gorgeous. It reminds me of what one F-15 pilot said at an airshow. "You'll have pilots here flying the most advanced, fastest, deadliest aircraft the world has seen. But if you ask them what they want to fly, they will all answer the P-51."

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yes, I noticed that.

I was in tears before 1:30 timer even rolled around. How could we ever, ever thank them? They have all done what I could never do. God bless them all. Then and now.

9. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

You are thanking them every day. You will be amazed at what you can do when the reaper is looking you in the eye. I am sure those veterans were amazed when they did the things they did.

10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

When 2nd Lt. Audie Murphy was asked why he did what he did to win the Medal Of Honor, he said:

"Heck, I didn't do anything that any other soldier wouldn't have done under the same circumstances."

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

They are much braver than me. I have never served our country. I try to avoid looking The Reaper in the eye. They met him face on and beat him. I could never thank them enough. Again, both then and now.