We need your help.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Mosin, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Why even do that? They're not going to listen to any ideas. They would have change the laws a long time ago. I'm glad me and ZG live in Indiana.:)

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

^^^^^^^^^this! Chicago with the likes of Rham and Barry good luck.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I believe his request was to see the comment section filled with our thoughts, not whether we thought it would change anything.

When have you guys ever shyed away from an opinion? :D

I say we pirate raid the hell out of them and LIGHT THEM UP FTF STYLE!!!

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Amen! SHOOT BACK!

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Arguing with idiots gets very old, very quick. At least when there are disagreements within FTF threads there are logical well thought out responses (for the most part).

7. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

So just screw everyone else right? You do know that the Chicago handgun ban was lifted right? That was a step in the right direction and would have never happened if people just sat there quietly.

Have you ever heard the quote
    "all that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing".

I would hope that the members of this forum would be all about helping fellow firearm owners that happen to live in a state like Illinois. Mosin does not live in IL, and yet he is trying to do his part.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Who said anything about actively arguing? This is your ultimate trolll opportunity about a subject where you are as well armed (pun intended) as it can get.

You have all the facts, you know all the arguments and you get to just troll and fire shots across the bow without fear of any reprisals.

PIRATE RAID!!!

PIRATE RAID!!

PIRATE RAID!!

9. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I want to have stupid liberals look at the site, and see nothing but pro gun comments.

10. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Count me in

11. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC75aU47GRk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC75aU47GRk[/ame]

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

With attitudes like that nothing will get changed. We have to keep at it to make any change in Illinois. To back off and say, "Nothing will change" is like saying I'm not going to vote because it doesn't matter. I believe we must fight for change. Sometimes it takes a long fight but if we just roll over and expose our bellies we are not being true to our beliefs.

13. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I'm not being negative just honest. The state of Illinois needs to start with a politician that will back the people, but Illinois does not have a good track record(Washington, Ryan, Daley, Blago, and the POTUS). Next the state needs to lift the sanctuary title because I wouldn't want to change the law that houses illegal citizens. I would love to have Illinois have a carry law. Then I wouldn't have to lock my gun in the glove box when I go to work, visit ZGs parents, or when we go shooting at ZGs cousins farm. Here's a question when was the last time it was LEGAL to carry a firearm in the state of Illinois? The people have been beating this dead horse for a very long time, it's only fun for the first few hits.;)

14. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

WOC I'm sorry until the people of IL stop electing the criminals they put into office they will be doomed. The criminals in Springfield and Chicago will not allow it and these races aren't even close.

15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I do not have a facebook or twitter account. My answer to their question of "How to get illegal guns off the street" is make them legal. That could have an add on like "Make the guns legal and the Politicians Illegal." Maybe tie it to a recent post about police involved mass shootings and civilian involved mass shootings. A response of "Disarm the Police" would be interesting but not too likely to get looked at seriously. The politicians dont care about the people, they just want to protect themselves.

16. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Well if the majority of responses aren't pro gun, then the national media is going to run with it and create stories like 'most people don't think guns make them safer'... Etc.

17. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I can't for the life of me see any reason or logic for targeting GOOD LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS ... and run like the dickens from anything resembling gang proliferation and drug dealers.
    If you lose a quarter on the street you don't walk two blocks away to a corner lamppost to engage in the search because it's well-lit and peaceful there.

18. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

You realize they will spin it whatever way they want the story to go. If a poll on twitter showed 60-40 in favor of gun rights the headlines would read, "40% of Americans say stricter gun laws are needed".

19. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Good to know we can count on you guys. There are people here in IL who want to make a change, but it starts with one or two people and has to go from there.

20. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I can't vote in your state, I contribute to pro 2A organizations, I write MY representatives and I vote in my state. What could I possibly do on twitter that's going to help pass a CCW law for IL residents? Nothing.