· Registered
55 Posts
1 - repeal the laws that DO NOT reduce gun violence
2 - enforce the laws already on the books
3 - I have no problems with background checks
4 - straw purchasers ... 20yrs in jail
5 - gun thieves ... 10yrs jail
6 - violent crimes committed with guns ... 20yrs in jail
7 - if a gun owner willingly/unwillingly does not store their weapons in a safe manner ... removal of firearms
8 - disarm beat cops ... if they are under no obligation to put themselves in harms way than they can make a call and wait for armed backup

that should be an infinitely better start than what Biden's group came up with :cool:
Hi!

I agree with 7/8ths of your points.

Number 7, however, causes me some concern. Don't get me wrong - having three young children in my home, I am all about safe storage. It is a must and in my mind there's no question about it.

However, how would this legislation be enforced? Should we gunowners allow random inspections of our homes?

If we throw out the 4th Amendment, why not the 2nd? (And yes, I know the 4th Amendment has been gutted, but I hope you get the gist of my point).

Overall, I say that safe storage is up to us to enforce, and is something we should pass down to our children, right along with our beloved firearms.

:)

· Registered
55 Posts
Excellent ... let's debate! :D

No, I am not advocating random inspections or some kind of Gov't oversight ... no, no, no, no, no :eek: But what sickens me is when I hear of a child drowning and the parent wailing "i only turned my back for a second" ... BULL****! :mad: It's called negligence ... and we have punishments for that. So what I am saying is that if it turns out a crime is committed and the firearm owner was negligent in the storage of that firearm ... prosecute! :cool:

How's that sound? :confused:
No debate necessary. It appears we agree on at least two Amendments in the Bill of Rights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.