Firearms Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7,486 Posts
How about a positive firearms campaign, with PROPER training, and making firearm carry more accessible.....

Wanna dry up gun crime overnight?.... Repeal the drug laws. Make dope worthless.

Wanna stop crazed gunmen?... More CCW end gun free zones, or opt to have cops/armed security if you don't want CCW at your school.

Boom...
Gang bangers have nothing to fight over.
Mexican cartels are out of the picture.
End to gun "free" zones will dry up that wet dream.

Now you're left with sporadic violence, and heat of passion murders... and a lack of guns aint gonna stop a guy from killing his wife, things like that.

· Registered
7,486 Posts
To add. I find it funny, that during prohibition, there was so much associated violence that they made booze legal again...
But in the drug war, there's so much violence...that they.... scrap the constitution???.....

· Registered
7,486 Posts
I think it depends on what happens when you consider "negligence"... If a 2 year old accidentally pulls a trigger on a loaded gun thats laying on the ground, then okay, I see "negligence"...don't leave a loaded gun on the floor if you have kids...
But what if someone breaks onto my home, steals my guns, and uses them to shoot up a place?...Should I be at fault because i had a gun in a dresser drawer, or my rifle under the bed? I don't think so, and I call BS.

What about rifle racks in trucks? someone steals one and it's my fault? Don't think so.

· Registered
7,486 Posts
By that definition of negligence, I should be at fault if my neighbor comes in, steals my lighter and burns down a house...or steals my car and crashes into a school bus...

or steals my kitchen knives and stabs someone...or steals my box of rat poison and poisons someone.... just be careful before you start saying people need to lock up their stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.