We get arrested for protecting ourselves and property

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by RemFire, Sep 3, 2012.

1. RemFire

RemFire New Member

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

That really stinks. The criminals life and motives for robbing or even killing the homeowners are much more important than the defense taken. Reminds me of New York City where two black men accosted a hispanic man on a subway platform. The hispanic man threw one onto the tracks that when landed broke his forearm, the other he beat the hell out of. The NYPD arrived, the trains shut down, and the hispanic man arrested for causing bodily injury to the other on the tracks. Figure that out. :confused:

3. bkt

bkt New Member

There are three lessons in this story.

Use buckshot, not birdshot.

Do not call the police after an incident like this. Make sure the intruders are not able to give their side of the story and bury them yourself.

The British system of justice is a few years ahead of the U.S.' and we would be wise to learn from their mistakes.

It's a true pity that once-good governments devolve into this.

4. gvw3

gvw3 New Member

Looks like the governments are run by the mob now..

5. RemFire

RemFire New Member

The place is simply run by criminals for the benefit of criminals.

6. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Sad, sad, sad.

7. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

That is just ridiculous.

I remember a similar story from Finland couple years back, where two perps had broken into a farmhouse, obviously in a rural area. The elderly farmer, alone in the house, confronted the burglars and fired a warning shot to a wall scaring them and making them flee. The farmer called the police and they arrested the burglars. The bad guys got a short sentence (they didn't take anything, so it wasn't that bad, right?) for braking into the house and the farmer was charged with endangerment for discharging his shotgun. He got a fine, can't remember how big, but he also lost his shotgun. Our society has a perverse understanding of justice nowadays, if you ask me...

8. clem_

clem_ New Member

Thats like the laws on the East cost. NY,MA,CT

9. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

A fellow Brit

Hi There,

BKT is talking a lot of sense. If I had to defend myself and family with a shotgun
    in my home it would be with 3" tripple A magnums, No ambulance needed. Stick around a while, great place to hang out this and more knowledge on firearms than even google.

10. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

That just isn't right at all. I wonder what the punishment for
    is in England. I did notice a follow up story below the main article and it sounds like they at least have someone in govt. on their sides.

Hopefully it will turn out for the best for them.

11. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Shoot
    Shovel
    Shut up
    Say, these folks don't happen to live near a pig farm do they?

[ame]http://youtu.be/kBvCPTK1MmY[/ame]

12. RemFire

RemFire New Member

Thanks for the comments guys its good to hear like minded views.

Hi. Sure is!. Oh and check out my recent threads in the shotgun section;):cool:.

13. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

14. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

I live a good half hour from town in a very rural area and several years ago our county sherrif said, on tv ,that he would prefer the people in the outlying areas handle their problems themselves if possible.
    Unless it is a shooting or a kidnapped child , average response time out here is 1 1/2 hrs.
    So...... most of live by the triple S motto.
    Like I told a doper out here........... I have 35 acres, a backhoe and a 30-30.

15. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

I actually had a sheriffs deputy tell me one time to drop the perp, then blow a hole in the ceiling so I could say I gave him a warning shot. He also said that if you drop him just outside the house, to drag him back inside lol

16. RemFire

RemFire New Member

Same as South Africa used to be then (or even still is). Amazing, not that it should be necessary. Any threatening invader of your property or home should give up his rights the moment he commits to invading.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Had a cop tell me that if I shoot a burglar (as he was filling out his report on my robbery), that it just makes his job easier. He won't have to track anyone down or chase them.

18. vincent

vincent New Member

You're right, and I hope so too but...there is an unfair precedent...Tony Martin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=GfTzPfdzFBY

THIS poor guy in the UK...[big fat facepalm...]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  19. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

QFT +1

What's right, unfortunately, isn't always legal.