We fed her twice, she wont go away...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dearhunter, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Mary Lee is the Great White that was tagged off the coast of Ct., she has been hanging around (off and on) the harbor of Charleston, SC. We came across her while fishing off shore. We fed her twice, now when we go out she comes looking for use to be fed. She wont go away. She is only 16 ft long and about 3500 pounds. She is a beauty!

[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Looks like WATER BEAR!

It probably ate Nemo! Die water bear die!

Actually, I have been told that the big sharks eat the small sharks that would otherwise overpopulate and eat the fish people like. I do wonder if Kali's protection of the great white water bear is behind the rash of "abandoned" seal pups this year, though.

3. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

She is a beauty! Can you just grab one of those front top teeth out for me?? Pretty please...

That is awesome that you are able to touch and interact with the apex predator of the ocean! Too freakin cool!!

4. 25-5

25-5 New Member

The second photo reminds me of the P-40 and those "Flying Tigers" in China.

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Water bear!

Attached Files:

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Oh dang! :eek: I may never bathe again!

7. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

HAHAHAHA!! That is too funny.

Damn that is freaking scary sh!t right there!

Bravo sir! Bravo - well done!!

8. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

You only ned to worry if she follows you home!:D

9. Kdub

Kdub New Member

That is the kind of thing nightmares are made.of.

10. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

How far from the beach were you? That would be messed up if that shark starts to associate people with food.

11. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Cool!? I don't even like being in a boat on fresh water with big salmon in it... Christ -- where's the most landlocked center of North America?

Knock knock.
    Who's there?
    Land shark...

Attached Files:

12. rurak

rurak New Member

That is an impressive photo. You are lucky to be able to touch that animal like that. They are so powerful and fun to watch

13. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Looks like a whole lot of Shark Steaks to me................

14. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Dearhunter, she is an absolute beaut. You have done something that I am putting on my bucket list as of now. That is epic!

15. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

Deerhunter. You had your hand on a great white shark that is roughly the size and weight as a Ford Ranger. AND you still have that hand. I'll have to check through the list of accomplishments.... but you might just have one up on Chuck Norris.

16. Jake86

Jake86 New Member

Just what I was thinking...

17. austin92

austin92 New Member

Clicked here expecting to hear a story of a stray cat and intending to recommend a simple .22lr to get rid of it. Your problem appears to be larger.....

18. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Yeah, forget the 22lr, you're going to need an M1 Garand and a cylinder of compressed oxygen!

And, as for putting that on anyones bucket list, you might want to find out if any company makes a keyboard for one-handers, before you try it!!

Oh, and use your weak hand!!!;)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  19. austin92

austin92 New Member

Or a landmass.... That'd work too lol

20. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Wow, thats just wild and nuts DH and generally a bad idea isnt it? Call me crazy but Me and Sharks arent friends at all; I will stay in the fresh water, they can have the ocean! Too many teeth there for me and at my age, keeping my original parts is important! The only thing that big with teeth I mess with is a Cow, just gotta watch their feet, they can be killers!

Someone else mentioned the feeding of wild critters can be problematic for more than just you, that case could be made easily here as well! Ask the Burb dwellers in NJ how much they like the bears on their porches or Floridians if they enjoy Ally Gater in their pools, they might tell you its a bad idea to feed Great White Sharks, just sayin!

Youve got much bigger balls than I; hope you keep them, one little bite by a GW that thinks youve short changed him on dinner and your gonna look more like a venison roast than standing beef!