We did it !

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Sep 30, 2014.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

As I said before my good friend and neighbor Karl broke his ankle a few weeks ago . With winter coming on fast , he needed help with Fire wood . His son-in-law , a friend of his , me and Karl got to work hard and fast .

We had three chain saws and two log splitters going at the same time . We knocked out eight chords in three days . It was like a finely orchestrated symphony of machines working to a crescendo With our goal accomplished .

We put old Karl in a chair to push , pull the lever on one of the splitters , a job well done ! :) living in a small community like this no doubt has it's advantages . It is a nice feeling to know that there are people that will team up like this and work together to help one of us in need ....!

BRAVO GENTLEMEN , BRAVO....! ;)

2. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

It is good to be in a place where you and your neighbors take care of each other,, I am pleased you have found a good place.

3. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

When I was down for over a year with my neck surgery , those same people filled my fire wood bin and plowed my drive way all winter long .

When a young family moved in , they didn't have beds for the two boys . I built them two fine captan beds with drawers .

Up here , we all have something to offer . Out of the eight families living on the hill , we have most things covered from plumbing to electric to most anything .
    We just pay it forward without asking .

These people are great and I'm glad to be part of them . There is a gun behind every tree up here and we police the hill .

Go Constitution ....! :cool:

4. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Good for you, Dango. It's nice to do for others.

5. stag556

stag556 New Member

Nice job Dango, The golden rule is never a bad thing to follow.

6. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

When the SHTF or you have a family tragedy other than family, good neighbors are worth their weight in gold. Take care of them, and they'll take care of you.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

7. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Its great to have friends buddy !.......................