Way to go Oklahoma!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by ShagNasty1001, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

...and the dominos continue to fall. Oklahoma is OK!

Tack

2. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

...and the dominos continue to fall. Oklahoma is OK!

Tack

3. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Not to be crass, but Oklahoma had to deal with the fallout of an overreaching federal government before. Not justifying what McVeigh did at all... just saying, I wouldn't want the feds tooling around in my state after that either.

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I have seen Washington up set states over all manner of things. This firearms issue is causing a push back like I have never seen. We have 25% of the states threatening the power of the Federal government.
    I think the states have suffered under all manner of unfair expensive and oppressive mandates for too long. The Gun issue is very near that last straw.
    The King Of England pressed early Americans for 175 years. They threw his tea in the ocean. When he came to get the guns a few poorly armed farmers met his troops at Lexington Bridge. The Shot heard around the world was fired.
    I hope Obama was in history class the day they dicussed this.;)

5. jasrrt

jasrrt New Member

Not sure if they covered the American Revolution in Indonesian history class.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Damn you are right. Maybe that will help all of us understand this President. :rolleyes:

7. Popeye77

Popeye77 New Member

It's not in the Koran either.

8. Colby

Colby New Member

Oklahoma is sounding like a good place to settle.

9. SmallCaliberGuy

SmallCaliberGuy New Member

Yep, Oklahoma is a good place to be.
    In the last two presidential elections, not a single county went blue.

I had an interesting conversation with my nephew last night. He is a member of the Oklahoma National Guard.

I asked him what he would do if the order came down to disarm citizens.
    He told me they had already talked about it and unanimously decided they would walk.......with everything they could get their hands on.

Obammy won't tread here.

10. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

I'm proud to be from Oklahoma, this state rocks!

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

Sounds like a repeal of ronnie reagans ban on automatic firearms to me.

12. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

I think this is all part of a bloodless revolution, or at least how it can be accomplished.

Despite being "The party of the working man", the Dems have become too coastal and too elite. They don't represent the people they claim to represent and the urban poor suffer for it.

The Feds may push back on the States, but the problem is the Red States are the ones doing the best. The Blue States are falling apart. Thus if it came to executive action, such as ordering troops into Texas, I think the many red state born military personnel would simply cross their arms and refuse.

The Fed continues to overreach and the States are starting to push back. Obama's power is not as pervasive as people think. He still needs cooperation from a broad swathe of the country and he simply doesn't have it. I'll never be so dense as to think Obama is stupid, but I do think he is arrogant enough not to understand what a huge blind spot he has in this regard. He is overconfident in the Federal Government without any realistic idea of how limited his power could become.

13. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

If you can get past the bipolar weather, it's quite nice

14. cuate

cuate New Member

Hello Austin, Texas, Governor Rick Perry, and the Texas Legislature....Get on the wagon with Oklahoma and pass and enact a similiar law or set of laws keeping the jack booted Feds out of our business and out of our hair ! Get with it and you will ever be loved and appreciated !

15. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I've been here for 11 years and counting. That decision to move here is looking better all the time. :cool:

16. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I just sent an email to Sen. Bingman urging him to support this bill.

17. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

I have lived in OK my entire life. I am seriously proud of my reps all of the sudden.

18. VoodooSouth

VoodooSouth New Member

We may up and move to Texas or Oklahoma here in the next couple of years.

Right now the legislation introduced in TN is merely a misdemeanor charge against Feds imposing gun law.

19. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

As long as you ain't an Oklahoma State fan, you're more than welcome from this guy ;)