wax shotgun slugs

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Copeman60, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

I been hearing alot about wax slugs lately an im in the mood to make some home made wrecking balls to do some damage. So my question to you is our these wax slugs worth getting into??

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Why would you want to make wax slugs? "Wrecking balls"? What does that mean? Do some damage to what?

3. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

Sorry about the lack of words used it my post. It was a late night at work. If u don't know what wax slugs our youtube it. I thought someone on this forum would have experience with wax slugs an how they perform.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

why not just tell us.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Wax slugs are an improvised slug made by taking the bird shot out of a shell and pouring some of the shot back in along with melted wax to produce a single projectile that is likely to fragment on contact with a target. and give better penetration to the shot pattern, by having all of the shot strike as a single mass.

The danger involved is getting your shot cup too heavy, or causing pressure increases that can cause barrel or other damage.

IMPROVISED is the key word here, and they must be approached with caution, and I bet this thread gets locked, like most "cut shell" threads for the same reason.

6. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

If you want some homemade wrecking ball shotgun ammo, see link below

url removed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2013
  7. JonM

JonM Moderator

yup, your right. locked for distributing/asking for help on a dangerous practice.

the reason we lock such things is its against what this forum is about. we are about safe firearm usage not expounding on things that can get people injured or killed

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.