Watering hole

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by levelcross, Feb 23, 2012.

1. levelcross

levelcross New Member

While at the local watering hole the other night to hear a band that I really like, some Dumb son of a monkey carrying a .32 in his pocket just about castrated himself. He was drinking quite a bit and playing with the gun in his pocket when it went off.

Talking about a Negligent Discharge, luckily no one was injured. Security had him face planted quickly and called the police to take care of him. This is a place that I felt relatively safe as I know the owner and staff well. Just goes to show you that you can never let your guard down.

2. vincent

vincent New Member

Did this make the news?

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Here in AZ you can carry in a bar as long as it is not posted and you are not drinking. I never drink when I am driving so I would have to walk and not carry if I intended to drink.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Is it legal to carry in a drinking establishment? And even if you don't "let your guard down" there's nothing that could save you from the guy sitting next to you negligently shooting you by accident in that fashion. What an idiot!!

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Florida does not allow CCW in a drinking establishment.

Some of my favorite places serves beers in cans and wine coolers in styrofoam cups. The band has chicken wire in front of the stage.
    IMO, that is not the place to CCW.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Laws vary state to State. VA, a CCW holder or the owner of the establishment can carry- but you CANNOT drink.

With a little luck, the guy playing pocket pool could have qualified for a Darwin Award. You do not have to improve the human race by dieing- removing yourself from the reproduction pool is adequate.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Seriously? Like in The Blues Brothers? Hahaha

8. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times . What goes together better than alcohol and firearms? Seriously though, have any of you ever been to a turkey shoot? There's a good reason they have someone posted to slide the shell in your chamber AFTER your gun is out the window and downrange.

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Sounds like the movie "Roadhouse" :)

10. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

Anyone who drinks and carries is an idiot in my opinion. It is worse than driving drunk. I am 100% behind CC but if you are going to be impaired don't do it!

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yup. I have honestly sat and tried to think of a worse combo than guns and alcohol, and I can't do it. Cars and alcohol are an equal evil.

12. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

I can... explosives and booze.
    Or planes and booze. Scariest last words? "Yo Bubba! Hold my beer and watch this!"

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

Bullets are explosive, so...almost the same thing :)

Airplanes... Yeah that would suck. Luckily there aren't as many alcoholic pilots as there are alcoholic drivers.

14. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

There aren't as many pilots as there are drivers... but a plane can go anywhere:p
    And

15. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I definitely agree with this. An impaired person packing a gun is not doing us gun owners any favors. This is just plain irresponsible behavior. Some people get braver after they have been drinking and just imagine if they are packing a gun at the time.

16. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

In Iowa you can carry in a bar as long as your not drinking, but when I was in NC you couldn't. I don't understand what people don't get about drinking and guns not mixing.

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Oklahoma doesnt allow CC in a bar or club.

Restaraunts that serve alcohol are fine, but you cant sit at the bar and drink if they have one. Im not a drinker anyways so it doesnt bother me

18. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I'm with you MrWray. I can't drink anymore due to the meds I'm on, so I'm good either way.

19. levelcross

levelcross New Member

No it didn't make the news, and it is illegal to carry in a bar plus there are signs posted by the door banning weapons of any kind. Now we can carry in a restaurant that sells drinks as long as we do not drink.

C3, I like the removing himself from the gene pool idea personally, we were outside on a deck for the smokers, but at least 20 people were out there. They keep security posted everywhere for the bigger band nights and he might wish he had shot his b*lls off, the faceplant was....classic to say the least.

I always leave my carry piece in the car if I am going to have even one drink, so I think this is the dumbest thing I have seen with a gun lately, outside of the guy looking down the barrel of a shotgun after it misfired, he blew his hat off his head.

20. orangello

orangello New Member

Reminds me of a college discussion with a friend who wanted to go to a party in a baddish neighborhood. Dude wanted to carry his six pack of fancy beer but worried that he might need his pocket pistol to make it to the house. We found somebody with a truck who could drive him there with his bike in the back, IIRC. I know i couldn't drive him...actually, maybe it was my truck they drove him in. :confused: It was like that problem with the various animals needing to get across the creek in the boat without any of them falling prey to the other.

Beer + pistol + bicycle = fail.