Watches

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by McNabb11b, Oct 30, 2010.

1. McNabb11b

McNabb11b New Member

I am looking for a super durable yet reasonably priced watch. I seem to go through them as if I get paid for it. Any testimonials? JD, I know you love your gear. Gotta have a good watch. :cool:

2. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

What is your budget?

"Reasonably priced" varies from person to person. ;)

3. McNabb11b

McNabb11b New Member

4. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I always had good luck with Seiko. Most that I owned lasted longer than I wanted and got passed along. :D

Take a look and see if any of these (kinetic series) interests you.

Amazon.com: seiko kinetic

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have a guy friend who swears by G Shock watches.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I've had a number of Seiko's over the years and they seem to be pretty much bulletproof. I bought a half a dozen Invicta watches some time back (when I had money) and I think they give great value for the money.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Wearing a 40 yr old Seiko self winding at the moment. No electric to it. 6 months ago, bought one like it for about $60 for my son. Onesaleaday.com has them from time to time.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I haven't worn a watch in many years brother, but what are you looking for it to do besides tell time? Waterproof/Water Resisant? Shooting Solution?

Help me help you. :p

9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Reactor Trident. If you don't have one, Get one. You wont be disappointed.

Reactor Watches

10. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I don't like watches that need batteries. Mechanicals are the way to go.

Seiko has some bomb proof automatic professional diver's watches that fall under your price point, and I don't know of a better watch for the cost.

11. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

Been wearing a Casio G-Shock going on 11 years. Been through almost everything. Not a single problem. Says it good down to 200m. However,not being a diver, if I find myself that deep,time will be the least of my problems. Where your at, its not an issue. Just DEROS with all your parts.

12. lobster

lobster New Member

I just got a 5 11, HRT Tactical series,Titainium watch that includes the Horus Vision software for shooting solutions. 249.00$ @ optics planet. I can not vouch for it yet (just got it ) , but I am looking forward to testing it out at the range in conjuntion w/ my Horus vison scope. I will report back on its effectiveness after I have some time @ the range w/ it.

13. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I wear a G-Shock wave septor watch. I am a diesel mechanic and beat the hell out of them. Last one lasted 6 years and the only reason I bought a new one was I tore the band off. They are about 99 dollars.

14. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

I'm a Seiko guy, I've got a automatic diver I bought in 1976 and it is still going strong I am going to send it in for maintenance as It’s starting to lose a few minutes over a few days. I’m currently wearing the Seiko “Orange Monster” diver watch that Glass gave me two years ago for our anniversary. It is also automatic and like my original diver is almost bomb proof. Oh, and I am a diver and have had my original down to 235 feet and the orange monster to 120 with no problems at all.

Scubie

15. DarkSpek

DarkSpek New Member

Another vote for G-shock. I have the mudman and it takes a beating. Still perfect working order and looks pretty good too,

16. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Just a consideration for those who like quartz watches. They are toast in the event of an EMP or large explosion. Good mechanicals shrug that stuff off.

Just sayin'.

17. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

My next watch will be a Hublot.
    [​IMG]

18. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

19. doctherock

doctherock New Member

My new truck cost less than this watch Shihan. Nice wet dream your having here.

20. Luv_Guns

Luv_Guns New Member