Watched the dumbest moie ever

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Jan 30, 2010.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

If you want to see District 9 I will save you money. If was so stupid that I am surprised it even made it to dvd. OMG it was the dumbest thing ever.

It taked place in South Africa and it is all about apartheid they just used ugly aliens bug things in the movie.

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I was thinking about it, thanks for saving me the trouble.

3. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

+1. Absolute waste of time and money. Fair special effects, but that's all
    it's got going for it. Got maybe halfway through and gave up.

4. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Almost bought it today, glad I didnt. Thanks for the heads up.

5. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I did the redbox for $1.50, 2 minutes and look like a documentary! Waste of money and time!

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I saw it and I agree......incredibly stupid. Please refund me my time. :eek:

7. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

You guys did know this is just the Halo movie? Or some of the stuff Peter wanted to use in his Halo movie...but it was scrapped so he made district 9 instead.

8. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

This is funny. Another forum I am on and the guys over there rave about that movie. They recite lines from it and generally idolize the movie...I personally thought the entire movie was two hours of crap. Horrible, plot, acting and story line surrounded by an even more idiotic documentary type of filming.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Then in the end one of the aliens does the douche bag move and gets out and leave 200,000 of his people stranded on earth. How effed the hell up is that.

10. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

It was pure crap... I didn't even finish watching it. I'm sorry I rented it before you all posted the same opinion I had.

11. Mark F

I'm not surprised there's morons that think its cool. They are liberal demoncrats too...

12. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Yeah, I agree it was dumber than dirt, but I do want one of those alien weapons!

13. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I thought the last fight scene was pretty cool. It had really good special effects. By the way, I'm DEFINITELY not a democrat. You guys that stopped in the middle of the movie, missed the end which was the best part.

14. Mark F

Sorry, I don't feel like I missed anything by walking away from this total waist of time.

15. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

100% Junk. I hate all movies shot as a "Documentary", even though only half of it was. The end fight was alright, but it didn't make the rest of the movie worth watching.

There is a reason I don't go out to the movies anymore, this piece of crap just solidifies my justification of not wasting $20 per person.

16. jbd

jbd New Member

the movie did suck. the ending was ok but didnt make up for the other 11/2 hours or so of the movie. i could have bought a 100 round box of ammo for what that crap movie cost me.

17. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

All I have to say to that is Spinaltap, Best in Show, Drop Dead Gorgeous, and A Mighty Wind. Amazingness

18. user4

user4 New Member

I think the people who disliked this movie is more telling of the individual than of the movie. I thought it was an excellent story. But then, I can appreciate an intellectual allegory for work of art it is. Some people cannot watch a movie that doesn't have car chases, explosions, and gratuitous sex scenes. If this is you, yeah... Don't watch this movie. However, if you like to be challenged, or simply enjoy a bit of cerebral stimulation in your entertainment, this is an excellent movie.

Now if you want a truly terrible movie... Avoid Legion at any cost.

19. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Twilight IS the worst movie ever. End of thread.

20. Mark F

Wrong.... there wasn't anything intellectual about this POS.