Firearms Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I guess I was lucky mine shoots really true. Can't you buy replacement sights cheap? Pretty sure you can. The front post would do it. Count how many revolutions it takes to detach, then screw the new one down to match. Will get your elevation close.

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
I have heard this is a common problem, but i haven't seen it in person yet. Can you post a picture? I assume the WHOLE front sight assembly is canted left or right??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
orangello said:
I have heard this is a common problem, but i haven't seen it in person yet. Can you post a picture? I assume the WHOLE front sight assembly is canted left or right??
Yes, it is the whole front sight. Canted to the right, ads. I don't know if a photo can capture the 3-5 degrees it may be off. I'll try:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
orangello said:
Yeah the whole sight is canted to the right (ads) about 3-5 degrees. I don't think I could capture it in a photo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
orangello said:
Yeah the whole sight about 3-5 degrees to the right (ads). I don't think I could capture it in a photo .

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
Call me chicken, but i would go with the gunsmith over the rubber mallet.

this dude on Youtube used the plastic hammer with a nice vice and a boresight. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz-f5SBqjX0&feature=related[/ame]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
m72law said:
or you could try a Romanian RPK rear sight,the sight will let you adjust for windage & it looks :cool:
Does it work in place of front and rear sights?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts