Washington: Vote no on I-594

Discussion in 'Washington Gun Forum' started by smithwa3, Sep 29, 2014.

1. smithwa3

smithwa3 New Member

I'm the President of UGSOA, local 234, Protective Security Officers charged with the protection of high-risk sites in Lewis, Thurston, Pierce, Clallam, Gray's Harbor and Kitsap Counties. The members of this Local have decided, in a unanimous vote, to oppose I-594. The language in the initiative is such that, if passed, would not only make criminals of good citizens, but also lead the way to registration and ultimately confiscation.

Security companies that issue a weapon at the start of a shift, with the weapon returned after the shift, would be required to conduct a background check twice a day, once when the employee receives the weapon, once when the employee returns it to their boss. FOR EACH EMPLOYEE.
    No good would come of this initiative.

Please join us in actively opposing this attempt at gun control.

2. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

yup. I oppose it also. I will be voting NO on i594.
    I regularly talk with family, friends and new acquaintances about the effects i594 will have on them.
    Each that I have talked with seems to understand that a NO vote is required.

The trick is getting to the 'other people' and see if we can talk sense into their low-info heads.

3. smithwa3

smithwa3 New Member

Thank you. We have to get the word out ourselves.