Was she for-real??

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by froggyjf, May 15, 2012.

1. froggyjf

froggyjf New Member

Yesterday me and my brother were in wal-mart to buy .22 bullets. I'm 19 and he's 14. She asked me how many boxes I needed and I told her one box but then my brother interjected and said get two, she looked at me and I said two.
    She rings them up and then ask to see both of our ID's. When I told her he didn't have one she said she couldn't sell me the bullets. I told her put the box he wanted back and just give me the box I wanted, and she said she still couldn't sell them to me because he had interacted in me buying ammunition??
    We got into a discussion and I left wall-mart without my ammo

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

3. rickyp8888

rickyp8888 New Member

I thought it was exchange of money only not verbal

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

People have been denied sales in Walmart just for having someone with them. If they speak up and are a minor its all over.

5. kytowboater

Yup, Walmart employees are not bright.

6. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Not rare. Next time leave your brother over in the video game area while you go get ammo. FWIW, you being 19 means you may still catch crap from the more ignorant salespeople.
    I can see it now: "It can be used in a rifle or a pistol so I can't sell it to you."

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I was denied purchase of paint balls once because I didn't have an fid. Now that one pissed me off.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Another Columbine is prevented with well though-out laws in place and a trained sales staff on station!

[​IMG]

9. kytowboater

Best one I ever got told by Wally world.... Was buying 44 mag ammo for a Ruger carbine, employee said there was no such thing...... Told me there was no rifle ever made in that caliber..... I could have punched that fella, I was 18.

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

And you argued? You know Walmart only highers pros

11. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Got denied some .22lr from gander mountain one time,I'm 20. There was no argument,just a "sir your not old enough to buy this ammo according to the computer" after putting my birthdate in the computer. I sat my already rang up and bagged items on the ground by the register and walked out,about 100 dollars worth of stuff,and walked next door to dicks sporting goods and got all my stuff there,the clerk at dicks didn't even ask for ID for the ammo there,though I do look older than 20 now.

---Shoot To Thrill---

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Never try to argue with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

13. kytowboater

Statement of truth.

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

No its not. Walmart workers are always right. Lol

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

Go to the next Walmart down the street and leave him in the car.

16. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

yeah that about nails it.

17. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I was buying superglue once to fix something or other and the woman id'd me and I was like for glue!?@! and she explained that she didnt know if I was about to goto the parking lot to sniff it.... I didnt know what to say... :/

18. rickyp8888

rickyp8888 New Member

I would of said I was going to wait till I got home lol