Was my thread deleted??

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jon1992d, Jan 19, 2014.

1. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

I wasn't able to get on last night but logging on this morning I can't seem to find a thread I started. It was about Richard Simmons on a talk show promoting obamacare. I saw it had some comments the last time I checked and just wanna know if this is a glitch on my app or if for some reason unknown it was deleted?

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

It may have been moved to the politics and religion section. Only paying members get to view those threads. Having those threads in the open forums often invites too much bickering, butt hurt feelings and attracts trolling that the admin don't want in the public forum.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yes, it was deleted by one of the Mods as a political thread by a non-supporting member. We limit political type threads to SM to prevent people from becoming a member here to stir up the pot for a week or so then disappearing.

But I must say, it should have been deleted simply because Richard Simmons was in the video and I can't think of too many people more annoying than him. :cool:

4. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Oh that's odd, I can see the threads in the politics and religion section and comment on them?

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Hmmm......there were some members who were 'grandfathered' in rather than taking away a privilege they already had.

6. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Gotcha. No big deal. I propose a new rule for the forum though, a no Richard Simmons allowed rule :p

7. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Quit Whining, if you only had 1 thread deleted you are doing better than some of us & were not whining !..............LOL.

8. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Am I whining??? I didn't even know if it was deleted.. Read my original post, I thought it was a glitch. I had problems with the new iPhone app that I'm not used to so I went ahead and asked a question. Excuse me for my language and I know I'm gonna get in trouble for saying this, but f*ck off guy. God forbid I ask the mods a question.

9. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, excuuuuuuse MEEEE!
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1390153566.474366.jpg

10. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

I dont at all think I'm in the wrong to get upset. He tells me to stop whining when I'm asking an honest question... I don't start trouble on this forum and I've been here for a while always showing respect for everyone and never getting into big arguments. To come onto someone's thread and start problems for no reason what so ever isn't read in my book.

11. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I think he was joking at ya Jon, some people have a habit of losing threads often! Generally the clubhouse is everything not political or standard Firearm chatter. Politics, Religion and Controversy are more for things like Barry Oh and his traveling medicine show.

12. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

He said LOL. There are people who always scurry up to please the host, but this looks ok to me.

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Simmer down, my sons. 303 has Velcro, not threads (they come off much easier) and he was joking with you.

There are some long time members (you may be one) that WERE grandfathered in- otherwise, as said, politics, religion and conspiracy ARE limited to supporting members.

We did that due to what I think of as the "drive by grenade throwers". These were folks that would join- not to discuss guns, but to jump into politics- throw grenades into every thread they could, start fires, fights, spread pestilence, flatulence- and disappear.

And Simmons IS great for weight loss- 30 seconds of him can destroy my appetite for hours.

14. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

He was just Joking with you. That's why he added the "...LOL". :)

15. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Ok well ill admit I've been a little touchy lately, it's not gonna happen again.

16. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

SMH...... Really !

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

We often use expiring redirects when posts are moved. Personally I typically set them for 24 hours. However in the case of the op I deleted it because it involved a highly controversial topic of obama that was going to turn political regardless of how ridiculous richard simmons is. Being a non sm the post got deleted rather than moved. If an sm wants to discuss simmons and obamacare and cares to post about it in the political section go for it.

Its only a verbotten topic in most open forums.

If you have a question about a post pm a mod they can help ya. We typically don't contact everyone involved that really didn't do anything horrendous when we clean up a sub forum. If you do get a pm from mods or admin regarding forum behaviour you prolly setup an encampment on the wrong side of the line... :D

18. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

That would probably explain it ..,:D

19. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

If your like me it will happen again :)

20. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Hey I was just kidding, it happens to the best of us !..............