Was gonna sell it

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by 7point62, Jan 9, 2011.

1. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It's just a model 10 smitty 38sp+p...I was thinking about trading it and my 870 in toward a new rifle. In my world I am not allowed to have all the guns I want so if I want a new one I have to justify it by trading older ones in.

[​IMG]

So I took it out yesterday for old times sake and ran about 150 rounds thru it...and I just really like the way it feels and shoots, always have. I'm afraid if I trade it in I am going to miss it. Plus, my sons really like to shoot it.

Life is full of tough decisions, ain't it?

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Old Smith's are great revolvers. I can easily understand why you'd be hesitant to get rid of it.

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Are you nuts! Never sell a gun, ever. Never trade one either. You must have one of those "What do you need more than one of those things for?" wrapped around your ring finger too.

I tell my wife that every weapon has a specific purpose, just like the appliances in the kitchen. The Blender does a specific job, so does the food processor and the mixer, how many different spoons are there in the kitchen and measuring devices...They all have a specific application.

Let me know.......if that works!! :D

4. 7point62

:D Hahahaha, yeah, you pretty much nailed it. For some stupid reason she won't let me raid the kids college fund. Go figure.

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Next time she wants a new pair of shoes, ask her: "How many pair do ya need; ya only have two feet?"

And Good Luck!

6. russ

russ New Member

You can always get another 870, but you should hang on to that Smith for sure.

7. 7point62

You are right...But she gave me that 870 like 8 years ago, so if I trade it in she'll think I'm dissing her choice. A delicate balance, my friend...thin ice.

8. russ

russ New Member

Indeed, that puts a different light on it for sure. Can you sell a kidney? :p

9. powg

powg New Member

new gun fund

put 20.00 on the jets for winner of superbowl .....who knows

10. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

yea....go without your new gun for awhile and save some cash....OR regret selling that gun and later have to trade some of your other newer guns just to get a gun you already used to have...

11. colmustard

colmustard New Member

tough decission. I have a 870 and an old '70s k-frame 38, and even though that revolver is older than me, it is such a sweet shooter and even though its not the most valueble gun I have I would miss it if I got rid of either one. good luck in your situation, If it were me I would wait and think on it, take your time and come to a conclusion you know you will be happy with. no need to impulse buy.

12. powg

powg New Member

sweet mod 10

dont trade it or sell it .......pass it down later to your kids .my granddad had a mod 10 tapered barrel .38 bobbed hammer for d/a shooting only...was a sweet shooter .

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Been there - Dun that :rolleyes:
    Trick is aquire so many she loses track of whats what ;)

14. Westy

Westy New Member

A number of years ago, I wanted a new video card for my computer but didn't have the cash. I looked through my safe and decided to sell a Springfield 1911 I got for a song since I had a couple other .45's.

Now when I'm out browsing Gunbroker, what do I find myself looking at? Springfield 1911's of course.

The lesson I learned is once you have a gun, never sell, trade or even think about reducing your collection. You'll regret it, especially if it was a good shooter!

15. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Meh.

If I sell or trade one that I find I miss - I just get another one...