Was going to buy another Glock until I saw this. Wow.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Mr. Wick, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Richard062

Richard062 New Member

2. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Fed honey pot

Rifling82 likes this.

3. Mr. Wick

Mr. Wick Active Member

PeeJay1313 likes this.
  4. Mr. Wick

Mr. Wick Active Member

Did some research on the Black Ice and compared it to the VP9. I only want to buy guns I can CCW. Black Ice is a big gun.

VP9 Capacity from 18 to 21 rounds
    Black Ice Capacity 11 rounds

VP9 weight 20 ounces
    Black Ice 38 ounces

VP9 Barell length 4.1 inches
    Black Ice 5 inches

Vp9 Overall length 7.34 inches
    Black Ice 8.7 inches

PeeJay1313 and Rifling82 like this.
  5. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Rifling82 likes this.
  6. Mr. Wick

Mr. Wick Active Member

It's not even a good site. It's an auction site.

7. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Seriously check out a Walther PPQ

8. Mr. Wick

Mr. Wick Active Member

I'll look now. Thanks.

9. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

My daughter briefly had an EAA Witness in 10mm that was a slick little item. Unfortunately the frame cracked after about 20rds.

10. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

did they warranty it out??

11. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

The P30 and VP9 were designed around a 15rd magazine.

While they're now shipping with 17rd ones, they weren't technically designed for it. Word I've gotten from two different dealers has been: the 15-rounders are flawless in operation, whereas they're often hearing of issues with the 17-rounders. Might well operate, mostly well, with even larger H&K magazines, but frankly if carrying as a life-saving tool I wouldn't want to push my luck. They were designed around 15rd mags; probably best to use them that way. Your life might well depend upon it.

BTW, the "SK" (subcompact) variants of both the P30 and VP9 series pistols are the smaller cousins. Basically, a shorter slide and a chopped frame (and smaller magazine, of course), but otherwise much the same guns. Either the "SK" variants or the full-sized ones are easily carried. They are somewhat chunky around the grip circumference, particularly when compared to many of the contemporary "plastic fantastic" group of pistols, which can get pretty slim. Still, what you're buying is utter bomb-proof reliability, durability and accuracy, with these H&K pistols.

Have had a P2000. Have a P30. Exceptional sidearms. I'd stake my life on them.

Mr. Wick likes this.
  12. Chuck Roberts

Chuck Roberts Active Member

Kimber got a bad reputation some years back for producing some guns with tooling marks, and breakage of small parts from poor MIMs production. I don’t know if this is still true today, but;

Im a big 1911 fan, and have learned a few things over the years that give me a requirement for a 1911, and the first is the lower receiver must be forged from solid barstock steel and not cast as many are today. To my knowledge, the only makers of domestic mass produced guns that are 100% forged are Colt, Springfield, or Dan Wesson. They all use MIMS parts, but only in non critical, low impact areas such as grip safety, thumb safety ect.

Regardless of looks, this is where I would want my money going for a carry gun for serious use.

Mr. Wick and G66enigma like this.
  13. Chuck Roberts

Chuck Roberts Active Member

I have carried both double stack plastic and single stack guns like the 1911 for many years, both professionally and on my own time.

I have found that despite the weight difference, the flatter profile of the 1911 ot other single stack is much easier to conceal. The barrel length is largely irrelevant.
    A proper gun belt and holster completely negates the weight difference. As a matter of fact, I would rate the belt and holster to be just as important as the gun itself.
    Little things like that are realized when you carry 16-20 hours a day for 20+ years:)

PeeJay1313 likes this.
  14. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

towboater likes this.
  15. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

The guy she bought it from have her money back and dealt with the warranty.

16. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

That'd raise concerns for me, as well.

First thing I do when coming across a new potential vendor/source like that: compare the claimed address and phone with at least a couple other publicly-available records. Failing that, it's hard to know whether a group's legit or not.

Of course, not all vendors publish their contact info right out there for all to see. Frustrating, when they do that. Dangerous, if it turns out to be an illegitimate vendor.

Mr. Wick likes this.