Was beginning to loose hope.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by sleeper, Feb 5, 2014.

1. sleeper

sleeper New Member

They do still exist!
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1391605833.415638.jpg
    These is a Santa Claus!

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am incredibly jealous!!!!

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

It all depends if they were worth the price to you!
    I'm glad I have about 15k 22lr rounds stocked up from buying them years ago!

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

I see CCI mini mags a lot.

I don't ever buy them though. To me, the point of shooting a 22 is large quantities of cheap fun. Buying a box of 50 for six bucks doesn't fit the bill.

So I always leave them for others to buy, and I'm still holding out on finding bulk packs, even though I'm running low on my supply.

Glad you found some though, if its what you were looking for.
    _________

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.

5. sleeper

sleeper New Member

These were 100rds for $7 at the local Walmart. I went in to get some 9mm WWB to take to the range and picked up just one box of these for a gift. They had 6 boxes.

6. 1stmini

1stmini New Member

Stopped by my wal mart today and they had more ammo than I have seen in there in quite a while , but no 22s

7. Westy

Westy New Member

I stopped at wally-world Tuesday morning and low & behold what did I find? 12 boxes of Federal 550 value packs of .22 LR @ $23.xx a pop, limit 3.

8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Ammunition is becoming more available. The prices are dropping. The "hoarders" woke up in their bunkers to find America is still a free Nation.:D

9. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I have 2-100 pack's of the RN(the Hp's Jam in Semi's, at least in mine)..But if Thats all they had and I could buy 2 100's at a time....
    hey I'm happy we shot off all but 58 Rds. of those Thunderbolts...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  10. DrFootball

Our last trip to Big 5 And guess what they had? A Case of CCI Stingers! 2 boxes per., Box of 50. I got two and the wife bought two. The only ammo faster is the Anguila Super Maximum. The CCI is about 1700 FPS, and The Super Maximum's List 1750 on the box..difference is the stinger isa 32Gr. HP and the other is a 38Gr. round nose. they both make a Very Noticeable "CRACK" our of the barrel, instead of the "pop" of most 22LR ammo...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

11. Jamesaritchie

Jamesaritchie New Member

Fifty for six bucks? I've seen fifty go for twenty bucks on a regular basis. Fifty for six bucks is cheap, especially for CCI mini mags.

I use Super X for plinking, and sometimes for hunting, but I'll take all the Mini Mags I can find at twelve bucks per hundred. That's cheaper than we pay for bulk around here.

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

THAT is what I'm looking for. :(

I have two boxes of these. I bought it out of desperation but I really don't like this ammo.

13. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I think the "hoarders" woke up to the fact they have to

pay their bills, and balance their survival hoard with food

and other supplies before they buy any more ammo...;)

14. DrFootball

To me, the T-Bolts are just the dirtiest 22 ammo I have ever seen or shot! When we were shooting the one brick we bought, within 25-30 rounds through our Buckmark's, they would foul and begin to jam. It would take a bit longer in the rifles, but still. Not All Remington 22 ammo is "Bad," the Yellow Jackets, and the competition stuff is very good ammo. But that's why T-Bolts are so "Cheap." We use the Federal Gold Medal for comp. Shooting, and Auto Match( when we can find it) or champion or Am. Eagles for practice/ plinking...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  15. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

Been a longgggggg time since I've seen any CCI stingers or pretty much any 22 ammo where I live N.E. of Houston, Tx. Congrats on your find.

16. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

The LGS wanted $22 for 100 CCI green tags

mammas dont let your cowboys grow up to be babies
    better dead than red

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i lost hope a while back. still no 22 ammo is available here. :mad:

18. DrFootball

Green tags are match ammo. $22 is still over priced, but it's not $4.99 either. They were running about $10-$12 per 50

19. big_blue79

big_blue79 New Member

Local store has 100rnd bulk bags for $13 + tax a bag.. and some CCI Mini-Mags, IDK how much they were, I was on a hunt for a holster.

20. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

A couple of places here are getting .22lr back on the shelves periodically,, picked up brick of 500 for 35 bucks the other day for a fellow at work,, I still have several thousand rounds from my trips with the wife to pick up her shotshell reloading supplies,, trap shooters,, always out of shot and wads,, but the real treat for me was finding some .22 mag rounds for a fairly reasonable price, a couple of weeks ago,, for my fishing revolver,, and I have seen a lot more .17 HMR 's in the stores, I don't own one but several buddies do and they are much happier now. I think things are slowly getting better, and hopefully prices and supplies will return to more reasonable levels.