Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,224 Posts
Dang if I know which has the best warranty, but my Springfield Armory 1911a1 bought in the 80s and fired tens of thousands of times has never needed any work.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,224 Posts
If you are primarily intrested in a warranty you need to buy a Hi-Point. Lifetime, transferrable warranty and a reputation for excellent customer service.

Not the world's best gun, but a great warranty...........

Buy the type of firearm you want, buy it from a decent gun maker, don't obsess over the warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Sicilian13 said:
Dose anyone know about sig suaer warranty???
I had to send in my sig stx and they paid for everything without question. I was on the phone for 3 mins and they emailed me a shipping label and it was off. All of their guns minus the mosqito have lifetime warranties (even the 1911-22). Although a slid warranty is nice, don't hesitate to buy a used gun without one... Their are many gunsmiths who can easily fix a 1911 if anything is to go wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,626 Posts
SIG has a lifetime warranty to the original owner. And I am happy I bought my SIG 1911 if I might add.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking of getting a sig scorpion 1911 that's way I'm asking or maybe a kimber I don't know yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,626 Posts
I considered a Kimber as well but I heard the "II" models are spotty in terms of QC and at the end of the day they do only have a one year warranty. I can't go for that, and firearm I own should have a lifetime warranty and they all do (either beretta or SIG). I bought a SIG Nitron in a tacpac with 3 mags and a holster, and paid about $750. I couldn't be happier. Great pistol, quality magazines and a lifetime warranty.
 

·
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
drvsafe said:
I considered a Kimber as well but I heard the "II" models are spotty in terms of QC and at the end of the day they do only have a one year warranty. I can't go for that, and firearm I own should have a lifetime warranty and they all do (either beretta or SIG). I bought a SIG Nitron in a tacpac with 3 mags and a holster, and paid about $750. I couldn't be happier. Great pistol, quality magazines and a lifetime warranty.
Their warrenty is voided if you even take the grips off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,626 Posts
FullautoUSA said:
Their warrenty is voided if you even take the grips off.
Who's warranty, SIG or Kimber?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,626 Posts
FullautoUSA said:
Kimber's warranty.
Ouch! But then again after a year it doesn't really matter right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,626 Posts
True. Given that, why not stand behind your product even further. I don't know I do t think it would be a deal breaker for me, but when I knew the gun I was buying HAD a lifetime warranty it was a deal sealer for me.
If you use your firearms there's a chance that something can go wrong so it's good to know that the manufacturer will always stand behind it within reason.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
Kimber1911Custom II Gold Match II Compact II & Pro Carry II Ultra Carry II Crimson Carry II Tactical II Eclipse II Covert II Aegis II CDP II Raptor II Super Carry Custom Shop Rimfire SoloRiflesModel 84M Model 84L Model 8400 WSM Model 8400 Magnum Specialty Tactical MeprolightPepperblasterShopSupportFAQ Purchase Confirmation Resources Videos Contact Kimber Find Dealers
or Browse All Dealers Support
Warranty Coverage

Warranty Coverage
Terms of Warranty & Service Agreement
This limited warranty has been drafted in compliance with the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Federal Trade Commission Improvement act, which is effective for goods manufactured on or after December 31, 1995.

Kimber firearms are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of the original retail purchase as new merchandise. Kimber agrees to correct, by repair or replacement with a new or comparable model, a qualifying Kimber product without charge, if returned with a copy of a dated bill of sale. Kimber assumes no responsibility for product malfunction, physical injury or property damage resulting in whole or in part from criminal use, or negligent, improper or careless handling, unauthorized modifications, use of defective, improper or hand-loaded ammunition, abuse, neglect or any other influences beyond Kimber’s control.

This warranty does not apply to the normal wear of any parts or surface finish, including metal, wood, plastic, rubber or other materials. This warranty does not cover repairs related to unreasonable use, corrosion, damage, barrels damaged by an obstructed bore. It also does not apply to loss or damage suffered during return shipment.

Kimber reserves the right to inspect the product before making replacements or repairs covered by this warranty.

Under no circumstances shall Kimber be held liable for incidental or consequential damages with respect to economic loss, injury or property damage resulting from the breach of either the express or implied warranty. This limitation does not apply to states that disallow the exclusion of consequential or incidental damages.

This warranty grants specific legal rights to the original retail purchaser only. Other rights may apply and vary from state to state. The terms of this warranty may only be changed in writing by an officer of Kimber Mfg., Inc. The Kimber factory at 1 Lawton Street, Yonkers, NY 10705 is the only authorized repair location.
Employment OpportunitiesLegalAboutContactpepperblaster.comkimberlawenforcement.com

Kimbers warranty from their website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
I can't speak for the warranty on Sig or Kimber, but if you're looking for a top quality 1911 with outstanding customer service and a lifetime warranty you should really check out STI. The following is part of STI's answer to a warranty question in the FAQ section of their website:

"We stand behind our products and if you EVER have a problem with an STI, we are going to make sure to take good care of you! The STI warranty covers the product- not the original purchaser so even if you purchase it used, we will still warranty our work."

As the happy owner of a number of their pistols I have always been very impressed with their products and their people.
 

·
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
GLI45 said:
"We stand behind our products and if you EVER have a problem with an STI, we are going to make sure to take good care of you! The STI warranty covers the product- not the original purchaser so even if you purchase it used, we will still warranty our work."
They cover used guns, that's nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,626 Posts
GLI45 said:
I can't speak for the warranty on Sig or Kimber, but if you're looking for a top quality 1911 with outstanding customer service and a lifetime warranty you should really check out STI. The following is part of STI's answer to a warranty question in the FAQ section of their website:

"We stand behind our products and if you EVER have a problem with an STI, we are going to make sure to take good care of you! The STI warranty covers the product- not the original purchaser so even if you purchase it used, we will still warranty our work."

As the happy owner of a number of their pistols I have always been very impressed with their products and their people.
Nice. Super important.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top