Wards Hercules

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by SteveK, Jan 12, 2011.

1. SteveK

SteveK New Member

I have this old shotgun that I am working on for a friend. It is a Wards Hercules,20ga. I have tried to find out who actually made this shotgun but not having much luck. I have had replies that it is a Iver-Johnson or A Stevens
    and even a H&R Topper. None of these fit the make and thereis no model number to go by. I ordered a trigger guard and the forend, but were not the right parts. The forend was a small dove tail. The one I have is a longer snap on piece. So my question is does any one know who made these shotguns and where I might find the parts? I tried Gunparts with no luck. Jack First was no help either. All I have is the serial number to go buy.

2. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

3. peabody

peabody New Member

mossberg or a noble ...

mossberg shipped guns to mongomery wards,

but ? so did stevens....and everyone else ... got pictures ?

4. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Well if it's a Mongomery Wards, Wards then it was made by all of those companies at different times, kind of like the Eddystone, Winchester, Remington 1917 30-06. It really doesn't matter though, the parts are pretty much interchangable.

Edit, I just saw you are trying to figure out the model number. Post some pics and I'll help you search.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011