Wanted?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by StanDJ77, Feb 13, 2011.

1. StanDJ77

StanDJ77 New Member

First off, i am a Glock guy but i like different guns for different reasons. I always said, if i buy another gun, it would be either Glock, a 1911, or maybe just maybe a XD:rolleyes: Anyway, i was watchin the movie "wanted" and noticed the 1911 Jolie had. I must say, that was the coolest gun i seen in a long time. Any of you 1911 guys seen anything cooler? if so how does it compare to that gun?

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Just my opinion, but from what I've seen of 1911's is that you can personalize them a lot more than the Glock or XDm.

If you can think it, it seems to be available.

3. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

I'd be more concerned about the gun that was pointed at your head forcing you to watch that movie. :p

That aside, here's a link to some information.

It's a Safari Arms Matchmaster according to the link below, the frame (front strap & trigger guard) looks like an Olympic Arms. Personally I think they went too far with all the extras, add-ons and engravings, but I'm not looking for a show-piece or an attention getter when it comes to firearms.

Wanted - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

4. StanDJ77

StanDJ77 New Member

Thanks eric for the link. So you didnt like the movie? i thought it had a very nice story line; also had 3 stars. So you arent in to looks when it comes to guns? me either cause i own a glock:p me personally i like how it looks. if i could have what she had in the movie for HD only, i would do it in a heartbeat. curious, since u dont care about looks, what do u own??

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I hated that movie or any other Jolie movie for that matter. The 1911 they had was too gaudy for my taste. I care about looks, but don't want to go overboard.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You are dead to me Brother! Dead to me! *shaking fist*

Angelina is a beautiful flower that must be groomed and attended too, preferably with some cheeseburgers and some brainwashing.

And Wanted was a pretty good movie if you just realize it's a comic book in the first place. :cool:

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

She's a skinny ho twit. Pretty?? barf........

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

She never did anything for me either.

To the OP, I've got a 1911 that will be for sale shortly I could make you a deal on.

9. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I need to get a railed 1911 so I can mount a bayonet on it - I want to be one of the cool guys...:D

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Taurus has railed ones! I'd like a railed 1911,actually. Unless Angelina HOlie has touched it. ;)

11. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

StanDJ77, The four handguns I currently own are a blued TZ75, matte stainless CZ75B, a black CZ82 and a Para PX1445 in Covert Black. All but the 82 have Hogue rubber wrap-around grips, the CZ82 and Para are the same color, even with the 82 being 15 years older than the Para and from another country.

I think they went a little overboard with the pistol Jolie was using, it's not the worst 1911 I've seen, the Mexican Cartel have claimed top honors in that category.

canebrake, it looks like Olympic Arms purchased M.S. Safari in 1987 which would explain why it looked like an Olympic Arms frame to me.

Olympic Arms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  12. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I'll have to bookmark that IMFDB site, I thought that was pretty cool.
    I never knew a Baby Eagle could magically morph into a HK USP and then into a Browning Hi-Power just by changing the camera angle:D

Oh, and you gotta love the magazine-fed flintlock pistols:rolleyes: