Firearms Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna start making my own ammo wondering if there's any help on where to start things needed about how much it takes to start any help is appreciated thx

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Look around your area for an NRA approved hand loading course, and take it.

If none are available, look for an experienced reloader to mentor you.

But also get the ABCs of reloading and the Lyman reloading Manual.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do I don't think I have any certified people around and don't really know anyone who does it geuss I could post a add on C/L and see if any gunsmiths want some free labor for learning :) can't find the ABC of reloading locally geuss ill have order one online

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Will do I don't think I have any certified people around and don't really know anyone who does it geuss I could post a add on C/L and see if any gunsmiths want some free labor for learning :) can't find the ABC of reloading locally geuss ill have order one online

If there is a gun club in your area, they will have tons of expertise. If not, ask the owner of your LGS for advice on finding a course or club.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Goin to gun show today in Knoxville hopefully will find the abc of reloading there and maybe a few new toys :) thx for the advice guys

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found the abc book guys gonna start it tonight thanks again for all the help any tips or extra knowledge you may have about reloading would be greatly appreciated I know there's always little tricks to this kinda stuff lol

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Found the abc book guys gonna start it tonight thanks again for all the help any tips or extra knowledge you may have about reloading would be greatly appreciated I know there's always little tricks to this kinda stuff lol
Read.
Reload a few.
Write down your questions
Some back and ask!:):)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was a mad house 9mm and 22 where flying off the tables I got there 30 mins before they opened and the line was allready across the parking lot

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only load equipment I really found was a older press I would rather have a newer set up income tax comes in soon so I plan to invest in a good set up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts