want a nasty muzzle break

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by mountainman13, Oct 21, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Suggestions?
    Must perform relatively well and not change accuracy adversely. Something battle worthy would be best. I like the idea of having a break that is a good follow up to a butt stroke or is useful when out of ammo. Lol

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Tromix Shark. YHM Annihilator.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'll check them out. Thanks.
    I've been flipping through parts catalogs etc and they all seem the same. Lol

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

have you access to a grinding wheel? why not modify the one you have, cut some serrations/teeth into the end of it ;)

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I would want cnc precision and don't have access to one at the moment. I like the thought though. Some of the breaks I've been looking at are awful pricey. I think manufacturing them might be a decent investment.

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

sorry, I was under the impression you already had one :eek:

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

i don't know about you all, but that thing will ruin anyone's day :eek:

SGP76-800.jpg

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That one definitely covers the nasty aspect but how's the recoil control? The reviews and videos on the one I posted are unbelievable.

9. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

10. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I have a troy claymore muzzle brake, its a bit mean and it directs the muzzle blast away from the shooter

11. grichardt

grichardt New Member

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Proto Tactical has been generating some buzz for awhile now and I found this video that might help you garner some info.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6oVpNYA2eY[/ame]

Their Z comp is based on what is "old" technology in suppressors called the "Z" baffle, which effectively uses "Z" shaped chambers to redirect gas and help reduce sound and muzzle flip.

I don't know if the Z comp has the look you are after, but this compares 4 pretty popular muzzle breaks for effectiveness.

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

And we have a weeeeeeeeeener! That looks like a pwsb base with tines that'll skewer Shamu.

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It's a newer company, Specialized Tactical. They have been around for awhile, but haven't been real big or real flashy.

They built one of the first "Zombie Slaying" AR's for a charity event at SHOT in 2009 that raised like $8,000 for charities like Wounded Warrior Foundation, Unit Scholarship Fund and Navy Seal Fund.

I didn't get to see the weapon that they built for the auction, but I got to see some pictures well after the show and it was impressive at the time.

They did a complete zombie edition everything and it was awesome!

Since then they have made the decision to market a replica/remake of that rifle and I just caught their name again a few months ago after forgetting it. :eek:

The Original Zombie Slayer

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  16. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Daanng.. it fits the name really well. The scariest one i've seen.

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The CMMG Vortex Striker

cmmgvortex.jpg

The CMMG Vortex Striker delivers same flash elimination as before, with the added function of a carbide glass breaker and standoff device.

Attached Files:

18. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I'm still liking the zombie flash hider......in a eotwawki scenario, after using up all your ammo you can use it to spearhunt! Dual purpose! Gotta love it! :D

19. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Damn that is even nastier then the one I picked. It's also twice as long. Lol
    I wonder how the recoil reduction on that one is.