want a m-24

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by colmustard, Dec 2, 2009.

1. colmustard

colmustard New Member

so i am wanting to get a remmington 700 in .308, and want to get one that is as close to the m-24 as possible,(just thought it would be cool to have) but when i went to remmingtons web site they have alot of 700 varients, so my question is which one is the closest to the m-24. Thank you for your advice!;)

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

3. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Holy Hell!

$3200 and you have a stock ( tuned ) trigger, a stock barrel and it doesn't include optics?? :eek:

Not for me thanks....

5. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

3200 bucks? thats highway robbery.

6. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

hey ya bastards, you just asked IF you could buy one....sheesh.

FWIW I wouldnt do it either.

Pick up a PSS and have work done on it a little at a time. Or a 700 Tactical if you want the 20" bbl. Drop in trigger, new stock, and continue to improve.

7. colmustard

colmustard New Member

:DThanks for the info, 3200 is way out of my price range, but its nice to know you can get one! lol!, I think i might go with the rem. 700 sps it looks real close to the m24 and a bit cheaper! thanks again:)

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

My blood runs Remington Green but holy hell Who ever buys that is effing stupid.

You can get a full on custom build with a stiller action for that much.

9. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

hey Col, I think that is a good choice. My last one I started with a 700 sps tactical for around 600. A great gun out of the box except for that silly rubber stock they put on it. I started with a Bell and Carlson (people will bad mouth them, but for the money they are good) and you dont have to wait a half year to get it.
    A fast locking firing pin and drop in trigger on top of that is all you need to get her going after the mounts rings and optic. It shoots a lot better than I can. ;)
    Good luck, let us know what you get!

10. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Thanks again hillbilly!:D It might be a while till i can get it with christmas and all but i will let ya'll know when i get around to pickin' one up.:rolleyes:

11. m72law

m72law New Member

3200.00bucks?.......for THAT!...well,i have wasted money on less...:/ but dang-it man.if i was wanting a fullout balls2thawall super-snippa rifle in that price range...i'd look @ the armalite AR-50...so what if every shot cost you 3+dollars...its worth every penny.....but then again,if you have the cash by all means.......:cool:

12. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

you can get a bushmaster .50 BMG for $3200.