Wanna retire to Guntopia...help me plan this....

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by AgentTikki, Jan 18, 2012.

1. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Yeah so I'm my 30s, and I just so bought a lotto ticket so, a man can dream right? I wanna retire somewhere, just not here in the PRK (Kommiefornia) What state is the free-est?

I want to be able to buy any hand gun on the free market!

I want to be able to but a 200 round drum on my AR is I want to!

I want to be able to use my magazine release without fishing for a $#%@$#% tool!

I want to make sell my gun in the back of a Circle K parking lot if I want to!

I want to SBR my carbines and Put a suppressor on my HD guns!

I want to be able to get a concealed carry permit without having to sleep with the Chief of Police or Mayor....

I want!

I want!

I want to get out of this GD state ><

/end rant

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

If you are just talking about free in the sense of gun laws, I would have to say Vermont probably has the friendliest gun laws in the US.

3. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Good to know! Thanks! This is what I'm taking about. I've read somewhere that some NE states have pre ban post ban, no bayonet lug requirements, Vermont is not one of them?

4. vincent

vincent New Member

Yep, Vermont is the top choice buuuut...I'm pretty happy with NC. Sure, the laws could be better but for the most part you'd be hard pressed to find a more 2A accommodating place.

5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Ya can do in Ky. State taxes are kinda high though.

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I like Florida personally. They do have a little bit of an expensive CCW, but there are no state taxes and you can carry ANY WEAPON with your permit! I would recommend staying in North Florida though, there's more country up there.

7. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

N Fla is purdy nice. I was stationed at Tyndall AFB (Panama City) back in 1990-91

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Vermont and Alaska would be my choices besides "home". MS (home) is pretty gun friendly, I like it. It's friendlier than NC, unless NC has changed more than their castle laws in the past 6-7 years.

9. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yeah NC finally passed a castle doctrine law about a year ago or so I believe.

10. vincent

vincent New Member

We've had it for a while now, they recently amended it to include public "personal space", vehicles and workplace.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Do you still have to get a permit to buy a handgun?

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Yes.... (whimper).....Yes we do.

get me out of here!!!!!

13. vincent

vincent New Member

With your CCW hells no...can buy as many as you want.

Without it, yup, up to 5 permits per year at $5 bucks a piece

14. vincent

vincent New Member

Tikki, you're more than welcome here in Dixie!!! Hurry up and get here before the kommiecrats get ya!! :D

15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Kansas is fairly good about allowing the individual the right to self protection. One of my instructors informed me they (bad guy) no longer have to enter your house and that the law is based on what the "reasonable" person would consider a threat. I haven't looked into it myself but she is on the ethics board.

And no permits to purchase firearms other than your normal ATF SBR and suppressor stuff. And thats not really a permit, it's a stamp.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  16. hmh

hmh New Member

Tennessee is fairly friendly and getting friendlier by the year. Castle doctrine carry permits. No state income tax just a %9.75 sales tax. You can still get land fairly cheap.

17. MichaelBarton

MichaelBarton New Member

1. Texas
    2. Texas
    3.Texas

18. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Both Wyoming and Arizona are far more friendly than any of the eastern states. Both are open carry, concealed carry without permits. or you can get a CCW thru the mail in Wyoming. no registration of fire arms. Plus both states have more than 50% public lands to shoot and hunt on. :D Wyoming allows loaded firearms in transit near the driver regardless. Alaska, Arizona, and Wyoming are the most gun friendly in the nation.;)

19. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

What he said.

Leave the land of fruits and nuts and come to Florida. Anywhere in the state as long as it is North of Ocala and West of Jacksonville.

20. Lumpy

Lumpy New Member

I was TDY at Tyndall from MacDill in '91, pretty nice golf course you had there. Pelican Point I believe? Now I'm feeling all nostalgic.