Walther PPS?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Beamer, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Beamer

Beamer New Member

Have been looking to get a new off duty weapon. I currently carry a Glock 23 concealed but, it is just a little too bulky and cumbersome. Do to that fact I often find myself leaving the house without it. Not a good thing. I have been looking for a smaller option in .40 S&W. I really like the slim profile of the Walther PPS. Anyone had any experience with this model? Any input?

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Muscle memory has a lot to do with handling a handgun.

Is there anything that has the same basic controls position as your duty handgun?

3. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have a friend who swears by them. He is a police officer and carries one off duty. I shot his .357 Sig Walther and it functioned flawlessly. It is small so the recoil with the zippy .357 was sharp.

He carries a G23 on duty.

4. Beamer

Beamer New Member

I carry a Glock on duty as well and I love them. I just don't like the bulk to be carrying under a T-shirt in the summer. I have handled the sub compacts and there width is just too much. I liked the profile of the PPS. As far as the hand controls they are both point and shoot, meaning no thumb safety or anything like that. The PPS does have a different style magazine drop but I don't think that would be a big adjustment.

5. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

I love the Walther mag release.

When im about to head out with my weapon I drop the mag and check to make sure it's loaded and all is well. That way I'm ready for a mag exchange.

Held a pps .40 Cal yesterday. Amazingly thin. A bit pricey.

6. Hollander

Hollander New Member

I have both the 9 and the 40. The 9 is fun to shoot but the 40 is lively. I am not too recoil sensitive but the 40 is not completely enjoyable to shoot, especially if you want to shoot a 100 rds at a time. Good guns with no problems.

7. Beamer

Beamer New Member

Yeah, I bet the recoil on a .40 that light is something to contend with. The good thing is I will only shoot it enough to be proficient and carry. I have plenty of other guns to have fun with.