Firearms Talk banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
just call em' the way i see them. you don't send a kid out in a Maserati with a learners permit!:eek:
If I were to obtain a CCW permit, I would take the Walther most likely. Purely hypothetical. Made this thread to ask peoples opinions of the two guns, not to find out what I should buy tomorrow.

If I were to obtain a CCW permit, I would take the Walther most likely. Purely hypothetical. Made this thread to ask peoples opinions of the two guns, not to find out what I should buy tomorrow.
IF is a might huge word! if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their butts when they jump!:eek:

given your limited knowledge of firearms, i think it would be very prudent for you to do much more learning about them before even hypothetically even considering buying a gun, much less hypothetically thinking about getting a CCW permit.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
IF is a might huge word! if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their butts when they jump!:eek:

given your limited knowledge of firearms, i think it would be very prudent for you to do much more learning about them before even hypothetically even considering buying a gun, much less hypothetically thinking about getting a CCW permit.
That's your opinion. I'm fine thinking about it.

That's your opinion. I'm fine thinking about it.
whatever you do or don't do is up to you. whether you listen to my opinions and take them to heart is completely up to you.

i am a person who takes gun handling as a serious thing, as it's a matter of respect. i also take gun ownership as much a responsibility as it is a right and the burden it carries is never one to take lightly.

i have been owning and shooting firearms all my adult life and many years previous to being an adult as a youngster under my father's guidance.

there are many here that can give you lots of good advice and suggestions if you want to learn, but it's up to you to do so.

I like glocks better :D
why? please quantify your answers. it lends more credibility to them to justify your opinions or viewpoints.
It sounds like a typical Glock response to me. "I like Glock because they always go bang." Yeah, and how bout you tell me about the rest of the modern handguns from major manufacturers on the market right now? Do they not go bang just like a Glock?

Oh sorry, I didn't realize its a DIFFERENT bang.....

JW357 said:
It sounds like a typical Glock response to me. "I like Glock because they always go bang." Yeah, and how bout you tell me about the rest of the modern handguns from major manufacturers on the market right now? Do they not go bang just like a Glock?

Oh sorry, I didn't realize its a DIFFERENT bang.....
He'll yeah it's a different bang!!! The other brands go "pew pew pew". GLOCKS go "BANG, BANG, and f**king BANG!!!!" ;););) haha

Most popular pistol around, parts and accessories can be found everywhere, has been around for a long time and has a proven track record its lightweight and accurate and has been the gun i grew up with since i was a kid easy to operate and clean and has been torture tested and proven to work also has high capacity mags for all calibers and finding holsters and accessories are easy to find heck even Walmart has glock accessories holsters ect if the end of the world were to happen id take a glock :) or a 1911 parts and pieces are everywhere for those too but not as much as glock :) thats why

hq357 said:
Most popular pistol around, parts and accessories can be found everywhere, has been around for a long time and has a proven track record its lightweight and accurate and has been the gun i grew up with since i was a kid easy to operate and clean and has been torture tested and proven to work also has high capacity mags for all calibers and finding holsters and accessories are easy to find heck even Walmart has glock accessories holsters ect if the end of the world were to happen id take a glock :) or a 1911 parts and pieces are everywhere for those too but not as much as glock :) thats why
Once again, taken directly out of the Glock Fan Boy guidebook.

The only thing that was different about any other handgun in there is that you grew up with Glocks. To me, that is enough reason.

Because everyone likes to hate on them ;)
are you making an assumption that i hate Glocks?

because if so, then you would be wrong.

just because i don't fall down and pray to Gaston Glock or the alter that some want to erect for him like his design of pistol is the end all and be all pistol ever made, doesn't mean i don't appreciate he Glock what it simply is.

your ignorance of firearms shines through once again.

Okay this is getting rediculous.

First off, a law enforcement agency can get a discount on ANY weapon they want to purchase. When the local SO switched over from Sig to Glock they bought 400+ weapons at once. Any manufacturer or wholesaler will jump at a sale like that and mark the price down as much as they have to (and still make a profit) in order to make the sale. Most law enforcement agencies don't buy ANYTHING because its "cheap." A lot of weapons and equipment purchases are financed by grants from the Feds. So they're spending someone else's money anyway.

They pick weapons and equipment based on national standards, reliability statistics, what their armorers are qualified to service and how intensive/expensive/often the MAINTENANCE on the equipment is expected to be. Their people's lives depend on issued equipment. No administrator wants to be blamed for pinching pennies when a LEO dies because his cheap equipment failed.

Second, the PPQ is a Glock clone. They're both reliable and both set up basically the same way. So shoot them both and buy the one that you shoot the best. Different sized hands, different length fingers, different shooting styles all make a difference in the way a gun feels to you and the way it feels to someone else. In this instance its comparing apples to apples.

I'm a Glock shooter, but I'm not going to tell someone to buy the Glock instead of X or Y Glock clone because *I* like it. Unless there are known problems with the other gun my response is to shoot it and see which one you like.

hq357 said:
Really,..more parts out there for Glock then 1911's ? Wonder where you live. Here in Az. Most everyone has 1911's EXECPT the LE's who either have Dept. issue or get a stipend to buy their own if approved."Volunteers" like myself, our Agency requires either DA/SA or DAO, 9mm or larger, from an Approved list, which both the Glock & Walther are on, as well as Sig's, S&W, Beretta,.....I Chose another Beretta, so including my Taurus 92, I have 3 now...just glad there is no limit to how many mags we can carry...

They pick weapons and equipment based on national standards, reliability statistics, what their armorers are qualified to service and how intensive/expensive/often the MAINTENANCE on the equipment is expected to be. Their people's lives depend on issued equipment. No administrator wants to be blamed for pinching pennies when a LEO dies because his cheap equipment failed.
Yes they do all that and then buy the cheapest Glocks.

Yes they do all that and then buy the cheapest Glocks.
not always. for a while a few years ago, here in Texas, the DPS, which is our state troopers, carried Sigs in 357 Sig. i don't remember which model my friend who is a retired DPS officer said they carried now.

sometimes they contract out firearms and ammo purchases to the lowest bidder of those they have approved for their ability to pass their qualifications.

how about we break it down by the numbers. if a department has to purchase, say 1000 pistols for their officers and those pistols normally cost $450 each, that's $450,000 and they get them for $400, that's $400,000 with a savings of $50,000 on that order. anytime someone can buy in volume, many times they can get a discount on the price of that large a volume of an item.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.