Firearms Talk banner

Walther PPQ vs. Glock 19

15K views 63 replies 16 participants last post by  Axxe55 
#1 ·
Looking at videos and specs of both of these guns, honestly I think I would take the PPQ over the glock for home defense and concealed carry. The trigger is reported better than glocks, the sights seem better, and there's just something about glocks that are do not seem right for me, the PPQ just seems more solid.

What are your thoughts about these 2 guns?

#4 ·
I hear the PPQ has the best Glock type trigger out of the box. I can buy both at my LGS. I loved the ergos on the PPQ. Prettier gun too.
Also everything I read says the reliability is the same aswell. However I don't see any crazy torture tests on youtube for the PPQ, but have read some real nice reports

#5 ·
CJx said:
Also everything I read says the reliability is the same aswell. However I don't see any crazy torture tests on youtube for the PPQ, but have read some real nice reports
One thing you have to look at, are you going to be performing these crazy a$$ torture test?? Probably not, so it doesn't matter about these stupid test. You have to buy a firearm for yourself and how it feels to you. Someone could say this firearm is the best in the world, but it might not feel right to you!!!!

#7 ·
Had a ppq, IMO Eats a glock for breakfast.

I loved the paddle mag release,was more accurate with it than with a glock,and the trigger was the best I've ever felt on a poly gun. Ergonomics were also outstanding. And it concealed better for me.

No malfunctions, if I could I'd go back and stop myself from selling it I would in a heartbeat. But I was new to poly guns the and didn't know what I had,and had come across hard times.

#8 ·
Had a ppq, IMO Eats a glock for breakfast.

I loved the paddle mag release,was more accurate with it than with a glock,and the trigger was the best I've ever felt on a poly gun. Ergonomics were also outstanding. And it concealed better for me.

No malfunctions, if I could I'd go back and stop myself from selling it I would in a heartbeat. But I was new to poly guns the and didn't know what I had,and had come across hard times.
Their not expensive man, put away a few bucks every week or whatever and pick up a new one, there's a new gen out.

#9 ·
CJx said:
Their not expensive man, put away a few bucks every week or whatever and pick up a new one, there's a new gen out.
Yeai know,I have the expendable income now but I have other things I'm financially focused on at this point in time. Besides I'm burnt out the gun thing for now (gasp).

But the new gen has the typical western mag release,I'd have to find one if the originals with the paddle style release

#11 ·
hq357 said:
You cant do that with a ppq ;) if it were me id choose the one thats the most popular with law enforcement, able to use factory 30 round magazines and has aftermarket market accessories everywhere and the most popular i think you know wich one im talking about :D
Let me know when you find a molle pouch for that mag. I'm all for hi caps but if you need a double drum on a handgun you might as well either hang it up or just use a longer barreled weapon.....

#12 ·
hq357 said:
You cant do that with a ppq ;) if it were me id choose the one thats the most popular with law enforcement, able to use factory 30 round magazines and has aftermarket market accessories everywhere and the most popular i think you know wich one im talking about :D
Glocks Are solely popular with law enforcement bc they do in fact work and they get the biggest discount on them. No special reasons whatsoever.

You do have a point with accessories,if to going straight to a gun store and buying a holster and spare mags in 1st priority then glock is the way to go I guess.

But I do feel the ppq is the better gun by far if you don't mind ordering stuff,and most p99 accesories fit them too so it shouldn't be all that hard to find stuff.

And before people call me a glock basher my EDC is a G30sf,but my feelings about glocks in 9 and 40 are completely different than glocks in .45 and 10mm.

#13 ·
View attachment 116202

Glocks are probably the favorite with LE department beancounters. simply because they do what they need to do at the price they can live with.

simply put, they tend to go with the lowest priced equipment that meets all their qualifications and specs for that equipment.

that in of itself doesn't make them better or worse than other choices. and FYI, many times the people that make these choices are not the one carrying the equipment. they don't usually ask the lowly patrol officer what he wants to carry.

#15 ·
Why do people start these threads????? The EASIEST answer to what FIREARM "I" should buy is what ever fits YOU the best!!!! When I went shopping for MY first firearm, I think I held probably around 50 different firearms. I did look on the Internet to see reviews of the ones I liked, but I bought the one that fit ME BEST!!!

#16 ·
View attachment 116202

It's only popular with LEs in America because they get big discounts on them. Walther has been the choice of LEAs in the UK for 30+ years, probably quite longer.

#17 ·
Why do people start these threads????? The EASIEST answer to what FIREARM "I" should buy is what ever fits YOU the best!!!! When I went shopping for MY first firearm, I think I held probably around 50 different firearms. I did look on the Internet to see reviews of the ones I liked, but I bought the one that fit ME BEST!!!
I never asked what I should buy. I asked about peoples opinions on the two firearms.

#23 ·
just call em' the way i see them. you don't send a kid out in a Maserati with a learners permit!:eek:
If I were to obtain a CCW permit, I would take the Walther most likely. Purely hypothetical. Made this thread to ask peoples opinions of the two guns, not to find out what I should buy tomorrow.

#24 ·
If I were to obtain a CCW permit, I would take the Walther most likely. Purely hypothetical. Made this thread to ask peoples opinions of the two guns, not to find out what I should buy tomorrow.
IF is a might huge word! if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their butts when they jump!:eek:

given your limited knowledge of firearms, i think it would be very prudent for you to do much more learning about them before even hypothetically even considering buying a gun, much less hypothetically thinking about getting a CCW permit.

#25 ·
IF is a might huge word! if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their butts when they jump!:eek:

given your limited knowledge of firearms, i think it would be very prudent for you to do much more learning about them before even hypothetically even considering buying a gun, much less hypothetically thinking about getting a CCW permit.
That's your opinion. I'm fine thinking about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.