Walther ppq 9mm is a great gun!!!!!

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Levush, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Levush

Levush New Member

Ok I posted here awhile ago about info on the ppq, I went out and bought it about 2 months ago, ive out about 700 rds thru( federal and wwbox) and I must say wow!!!!! Very impressive, the trigger pull and reset is very short, barely any recoil. Thanks for the info guys......

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

WALTHER makes good stuff although tends to be pricey.

Attached Files:

3. Levush

Levush New Member

Yes a lil on the high side, I paid 510.00, but well worth it in my opinion....

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Agreed. I paid just under $1k for for my P99 and then another $80 for the tritium sights and $65 a pop for spare full length mags.

5. Levush

Levush New Member

Well theirs the other problem, mags are a pain to find for the ppq, and not cheap, but I read I can use the p99 mags...not sure on that..

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Wish I could verify for you. Would be an expensive mistake if they didn't.

7. Misfire

Misfire New Member

I like everything Walther, except the price tag.

8. Guse

Guse New Member

The p99 mags do work. As far as price goes, I paid around $550 for mine. But try to find another quality firearm that's fully ambidextrous around that price. The closest is the H&K P30 which is very nice, but over a grand

9. Levush

Levush New Member

Yes, hkp30 is a nice piece, I had chance to shoot one, very similar to the ppq, without the slide wobble, but still prefer the ppq for the pric

10. Levush

Levush New Member

Yes, hkp30 is a nice piece, I had chance to shoot one, very similar to the ppq, without the slide wobble, but still prefer the ppq for the price difference...

11. Guse

Guse New Member

Yeah, I like the p30, but the price was an issue. So for half the price, the ppq is a great gun. I actually prefer the ppq trigger

12. Levush

Levush New Member

I absolutely agree with you about the trigger, it is short and crisp..

13. Finlander

Finlander New Member

I was waiting for my Sig 2022 to arrive when I noticed Walther had this handgun out. I cancelled the Sig and ordered the Walther instead.No regrets!

14. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Absolutely love my ppq,shoot it yesterday as a matter of fact. And they will take new-generation p99 magazines,for an even cheaper solution to the mag problem order some magnum research baby eagle "fast action" magazines. It's magnum researches clone of the p99 and the mags are interchangeable with ppq and p99 magazines at about $30 as opposed to the $50 or $60 you see for p99 mags. They are still made by mec-gar in Italy they just have a different finish.

But I too am enjoying my ppq,it's like you have to try to miss with this gun

15. TNBlackSheep

TNBlackSheep New Member

My brother recently picked up a PPQ and I got to try it out yesterday...I was extremely impressed, as he has been for a week or so now. Easily has the best grip and in-hand feel I've ever seen on a handgun. That grip just melts into your hand. For my next purchase, I'm thinking about a .40 and was leaning towards a S&W M&P...but now I think the Walther might be the way to go, as long as the .40 is as impressive as the 9.

16. john2005

john2005 New Member

I just bought a s&w mp40 and like it so far but I was also lookin at them walther ppq's in a .9mm. I was just wondering if they are worth the money or should I keep lookin

17. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

It'll be an instant favorite,I guarantee it.

---Shoot To Thrill---

18. john2005

john2005 New Member

Thank you and now I'll just have to find one

19. CO-OP180

CO-OP180 New Member

I went and picked up the Walther PK380 about 3 weeks ago and so far it's my favorite gun I own it's my carry gun. Walther makes great guns all around. My next gun will be the PPQ for have had my eye on for a while now. So now I am saving up for that one to get it looks and feels great can't wait to own it.