Walther Pistols

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by NDMarksman, May 23, 2018.

1. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

That's a mod 1 you should get the mod 2 I love mine.

2. NDMarksman

NDMarksman Active Member Supporter

I do love my CCP for warm weather carry. Now that cooler weather is here my cc is a Walther PPQ 9mm SC.
    Walther PPQ 9MM SC - Left View.jpg

towboater and Rifling82 like this.

3. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Well-Known Member

I have yet to own a Walther, but I am mildly interested in the Q4. Mildly because I do not typically go for striker fired guns...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Rifling82 likes this.
  4. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

A PPK/S was an early carry but it turned into a jamomatic. Luckily I managed to trade it for a Smith model 15 snubby. I have a P22 and it's a fine little pistol.

5. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

Only Walther I ever owned was a German Polizei P-38 trade-in, imported by Interarms. Great pistol, accurate, and reliable. Also a great feel. A few years ago, I noticed a slight crack on the left-hand side of the slide and stopped shooting it for safety concerns. Had it micro-welded by a gunsmith a few years back but still hesitate to shoot it a bunch. Eventually, I'll get a replacement slide.

Nephew has a PPK in .380. As sheepdawg mentioned, he had frequent jams with it. He loved my Bersa Thunder .380 Combat, which has been 100% since I got it several years ago. From a distance, one could not tell the difference between it and a PPK, but the Bersa is far easier to take down and reassemble for cleaning.

Like AgedWarrior, I dislike striker-fired pistols.

Rifling82 likes this.
  6. Pasquanel

I surely don't see how as the disassembly is virtually identical, the PPK uses the trigger guard as the slide release and the Bersa uses a small lever that you must hold with your right hand, making it more difficult for lefties. On both you simply pull the slide back and lift it off.

towboater likes this.
  7. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

I like Walther. Had a 9mm PPQ, very good trigger, traded for a similar Steyr with an even better trigger.

Had a PPK-S, a new production beauty, nothing wrong, bought on an impulse, traded quickly. The DA trigger on it was better than on the older PPK but still too stiff, old school. Leave it to collectors.

Shot the steel frame Q5. Good pistol, terrible value.

towboater likes this.
  8. RJF22553

Well, I'm left handed and have zero problems using my right index finger for the lever (actually prefer it).
    PPK disassembly instructions:
    Highlighted above is the part I hated. Personal preference, of course.

9. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

In fairness the classic 1911 manual is no better. You can’t complain because it’s the holy cow.

RJF22553 likes this.
  10. Pasquanel

OK, sorry I forget we aren't all right handed....:rolleyes:. Mine is SS if it has a light film of oil it's a bear to hold onto.

When I was young in grade school I thought I was left handed but Sister Alice Claire of the Angels convinced me I was not, resistance was futile and painful. These were Sisters of the Sacred Heart and the habit they wore looked exactly like this.

download.jpeg

If you were going to run away always run into the wind! :p

RJF22553 likes this.
  11. RJF22553

Pas, I didn't go to a Catholic school, but a Virginia public school for 2nd-3rd grade. Same deal, with punishment including a nasty wooden ruler and a very tight squeeze to the jaw. I still thank my late Mom for setting things straight. She could be a real "momma bear"! And got me moved to another teacher that had gotten "the message".

NDMarksman likes this.
  12. NDMarksman

Have you called Walther CS team ?? They're extremely good !!

13. NDMarksman

The two latest members of my Walther Family. A PPQ SC and a P99C AS.

Walther PPQ 9MM SC - Left View.jpg

Walther P99C AS - Left View.jpg

SSGN_Doc and Rifling82 like this.