Walther P99QA?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by rstarlin23, Oct 20, 2011.

1. rstarlin23

rstarlin23 New Member

Anyone have a experience with the Walther P99QA semi auto handgun?Good for self-defense?

2. LarsG

LarsG New Member

I bought one 2 weeks ago and it is the best pistol I have had.
    Very crisp and dead on accurate even from the very first mags.
    I would highly recommend this gun

3. group17

group17 New Member

I don't have the QA version (Glock like trigger) but I do own a AS version (decocker). They are fantastic pistols and I'm guessing you have been looking at CDNN and a $439 price point. I would say you couldn't go wrong with one even at a higher price. The good news is they are priced to sell now that the PPQ is out.

[​IMG]

4. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

I personally hate Walther. Garbage garbage garbage. I think they might be made from the same plastic as tupperware. :D

5. rstarlin23

rstarlin23 New Member

Is the Walther P99QA considered a large, medium or compact gun? Im a big guy and I don't want anything small. I would prefer a medium to large frame gun and I'm trying to stay under $400...any suggestions?

6. group17

group17 New Member

The 99 compact is about the same size as a Glock 26.
    If your not looking for a compact you open many other doors in choices.

7. rstarlin23

rstarlin23 New Member

Do you have any suggestions as far as to staying under $400. This will be my first pistol. Ive got a 12 gauge pump action shot gun

8. group17

group17 New Member

Stoeger cougar 8000/ $360 around me. Beretta clone at a great price.
    Stoeger Cougar Double-Action, Auto-Loading Pistol

9. rstarlin23

rstarlin23 New Member

Compared to the Taurus PT24/7pro ds or the Taurus PT24/7pro2. Which out of the two would you consider?I like the feel of the Taurus and the frame size

10. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  11. Foozerman

Foozerman New Member

I have Walther p99qa for my home self defense gun shoots great love the Qa because i can decock with a round in the chamber(trigger is dead) with a slight move of the slide re-cock it.

12. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I have the Smith & Wesson sw99. Walther p99 lower with s&w slide and barrel. It has the de-cocker feature but it is double action.

13. Foozerman

Foozerman New Member

P99qa is double action but when you hit the de-cocker the trigger will no longer function untill you rack the slide a quarter of an inch

14. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Ah ok...the S&W doesn't need to do that. It extends the trigger travel out further. While cocked it is almost a like a hair trigger...de-cocked is a full pull.

15. Foozerman

Foozerman New Member

So the S&W is like the P99as

16. group17

group17 New Member

You can find the S&W99 in the same trigger options as the Walther.

17. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I had one about 6 or 7 years ago. I hated it. It wouldn't group at all and I was not impressed with the trigger at all. I didn't like the mag release either. It was one fastest-resold guns I've ever owned.