Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got over to the range today with a couple new guns, new flip up sights on my AR and ammo from some place I'd never ordered from before, LAX Ammo.

First up was the Walther P22Q using Remington Golden Bullets. First mag, first round and it failed to return to battery but then got through next 6 mags without issue. After that there was at least one issue every mag, fail to feed mostly but a couple fails to eject and once it looked like it tried to feed 2 rounds at once. I put 12 or 13 mags through it, 10 rounds per. Accuracy seemed pretty decent once I figured out it was definitely adjusted to hit above front sight. It did come with 2 or 3 other front sights so I could swap it out but since it's just a range toy I'll leave it be. I'm hoping another good cleaning, maybe a better lube job now that I can see where it really needs it most and just some more break in will help with the misfeeds. I'll probably pick up some CCI or something else to see if maybe the ammo is part of the problem too. My .22 rifle eats the golden bullets up no problem but different guns have different appetites...

Next was the M&P45 Performance Center. I have nothing bad to say about this gun. I used PMC 230gr FMJ rounds and it is dead on accurate. I was hitting nice tight groups with it at 7 and 10 yards and I am by no means a great shooter. I only got 50 rounds through it but I can't wait to get it back to the range. I really like the trigger on it. I had my M&P9 2.0 along to try out the new ammo and to compare the triggers. The pull on the 45 is so much better and I actually like the stock trigger on my M&P9, which from what I've read is not the general consensus in the gun community.

As mentioned, I brought my M&P9 2.0 along to see how the ammo from LAX Ammo ran. Got a great deal on 500 rounds of new 115gr 9mm JHP for $115 in an ammo can with free shipping as a first time buyer. Not very good reviews for this site but I went ahead and took a chance and I guess I got lucky. The turnaround was incredibly fast and I had my order in a less than a week. Today was the first chance I had to test it out. I put 6 mags (102 rounds) through without any issues at all and my trusty M&P9 was as accurate as it always is.

Last, I finally got to try out the Diamondhead flip up sights again that had I gotten a while back. They weren't working out real well on the short quad rail I had but with one slight adjustment to the rear sight on the full length hand guard I recently switched to they were pretty spot on at 15 and 25 yards.

So that was my range day with a buddy of mine I don't get to see too often anymore. Since we were sharing a lane I didn't bother with pics today but I may go back over next week since I didn't get through near as much ammo as I normally would have by myself so I've still got plenty to feed the hungry little muzzles.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Gas

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
I haven't personally shot LAX before, but i know i pick up a lot of brass with their headstamp.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I found Walthers tend to have a long break-in period. My CCP M.2 took a while, and now shoots smooth with no issue aside from being a clean freak, but for a trainer, it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts