Walther P22

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by cjb762, Jul 31, 2012.

1. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

There is one for sale locally. I was thinking about purchasing it for my wife who has just started shooting. She has fired my Glock 17 the recoil is a little too much for her right now. I was wondering if there was any experiences with one these. Good or bad.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

They have a history of failure. Fail to feed, fail to fire, fail to eject. I've see quite a few pics of them that went kaboom. I have one it never leaves the safe. The s&w .22 I always reach for. In the general same price range and no problems at all. Also very accurate.

3. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

What was the price?

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

I think mountainman meant Ruger Sr22. Looks almost identical to the p22 but quality is way way better. If it's not what he meant I'd still suggest it. Hehe

5. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

The guys asking $300.00 for it. It's two tone olive drab. With threaded barrel.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm sure the ruger is great. I don't have one though.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Junk and then my go to

Attached Files:

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

+1 on the ruger SR22. Very reliable practically identical to the Walter if you ask me. A bit of a biotch to take down and clean though.

9. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

+2 for the Ruger
    The p22 is very picky on ammo and jammed more than any gun I've ever had. The ruger sr22 will shoot anything accurately

10. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

nah, disassembly is very easy. re-assembly can be tricky sometimes. just have to find the sweet spot. ive already done it enough times that its no problem i can feel right where the slide needs to be

11. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Riiight! ;):p:D

12. tmorell

tmorell New Member

Love my Walther. I got rid of my SR22 because of the trigger. GunTest magazine consistently rates the Walther an "A" while giving the the SR22 a "B" rating. Yes' mine was a little finicky with ammo to begin with but I have had no problems after the couple of hundred rounds. My brother gave his a good oiling before the first time out and never had a problem. Walther says the problem was the magazines and have since changed the spring. I would buy another P22 in a heart beat!

13. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

Thanks for the input fellas. Haven't made my mind up yet. Thanks for the responses.

14. Rockjeep94

Rockjeep94 New Member

Bought my wife one in digi pink camo she loves it never had any problems it likes cci and remington thunderbolts that it has shot but never had any issues with it. Shoots great no ftf ever id buy another for $300 works great with snake shot here in az :)

15. Rockjeep94

Rockjeep94 New Member

ForumRunner_20120801_200453.jpg

She loves it

16. j-dave

j-dave New Member

Since we're on 22lr pistols ie got a question. I saw a Walter something polymer grips aluminum frame and weighed 13.6 ounces and had a high cap mag that help 30 for under 300$ with a lifetime warranty I just can't remember the numbers on it any one that can help