Walther p22

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by jakeball, Apr 28, 2014.

1. jakeball

jakeball New Member

Who has one? Whats your experience with them? Pros and cons

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Jake,

I had looked at one a while back just for shooting. I found it a little blocky/bulky for my liking! I ended up getting a Sig 1911 22 Cal Pistol for around $360.00 which I really like very well and it amazingly accurate. But each person has their own likes and preferences and the way the gun fits them so I am certainly not trying to discourage you. That was only my observation. You know what fits and feels the best to you. Obviously a 22 is not the best personal defense weapon! But great to target shoot and have fun with.

3. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have one that often has a Sparrow attached to it. It is accurate and functions well.
    The can gets it dirty quick. The slide fails to lock back after a few dozen rounds.

4. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

I have one that shoots well at this point. Here's my P22 story. I hadn't shot much in about 20 years so I knew I wanted a .22 to start with. A friend had one and loves it, but warned me it took about 1,000 rounds to become what he felt was 100% reliable. Getting back into shooting I thought that a bunch of FTE and FTF issues would be good training at the range. Better there than in the real world with a bad guy. So, I dealt with FTE and FTF with regularity for the first 500 rounds or so. Then it got much better. At that point it started shooting High Velocity rounds 100%, and shooting standard stuff pretty well. At 750-1000 it became pretty darn good. Part of all that is shooting rimfire in a $350 semi auto. I fondled the Walther the Ruger SR22 and a Sig Mosquito. I went with the Walther due to comfort in the hand. IMO the Ruger and the Walther are interchangeable. But the Ruger seems to have a better reputation with reliability and feeding different ammo. I used the P22 as a training device, and used its feeding issues to my benefit.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

5. jakeball

jakeball New Member

Awesome! What i wanna do down the line.