Walther CCP?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by tazzman55, Feb 22, 2015.

1. tazzman55

tazzman55 New Member

Anyone have a CCP? If so what do you think of it?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

2. Palms

Palms Member

The easiest gun to rack of any tried very, very precise. Recoils light. No problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

3. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Bottom line is You have to decide for your self ! What others think means little . They all work well for many and there will always be a problem or two with a few .

4. tazzman55

tazzman55 New Member

I just acquired a new ccp. Had they let me dry fire it there is no way I would have bought it. Very grabby and sticky even though it is well lubricated. Even kids toys have better triggers. My question is are they all this way or is this particular pistol defective.

5. tazzman55

tazzman55 New Member

I called customer service and was told that the trigger on the ccp was designed to be the way it is. That their research indicated that this was safer and that the pistol was meant for close range stressful situations.
    I told him that I could not accept that they would put a product this bad on the market, and asked if their was a way for me to file a complaint to that effect. At which point he basically said no.
    So I went on their web sight and used that medium to repeat my complaint about the pistol. I soon afterwards received an email from another person saying that they felt that there must be something wrong with my pistol. That the pull is supposed to be long and smooth, not sticky, and that they wanted their gunsmiths to take a look at it.
    I have seen other (unbiased) reviews that complained of the same problem with the ccp trigger. So now we will see if mine is defective or if they really did design it to be this bad.

6. tazzman55

tazzman55 New Member

My ccp is not n it's way back from customer service, and should be here in a few days. Turn around time has been shorter than expected.

7. tazzman55

tazzman55 New Member

It is on its way back. (Damn spell checker)

8. Mouser

Mouser Member

For me, the trigger is the #1 thing I must check and approve of before I buy a gun. It has more affect on how I shoot and therefore my confidence and enjoyment than about any other attribute. Other things are important like site window, grips appearance etc but they are secondary. My wife purchased an M&P Bodyguard and is having buyers remorse because of the stiff, 14# double action only trigger. I would not have bought it as my hands are too big for the length of trigger pull. Live and learn. That is the kind of mistake we typically only make once

9. tazzman55

tazzman55 New Member

Ccp arrived yesterday from customer service. Trigger is better, but still not comparable to the triggers on other semiautomatic pistols on the market today. I am hoping that after it is broke in that the trigger will improve.

10. tazzman55

tazzman55 New Member

The trigger on the ccp in my opinion ruins what could otherwise be an exceptional and unique handgun. I also don't like having to use a special tool to break it down. It is the only firearm I know of that requires this. And this combined with the trigger makes me wonder if the company should have put more R&D into this firearm before putting it on the market. It doesn't reflect what I have seen in other Walther products like the PPQ, PPK, and P99. Almost like it is not really a Walther.

11. tazzman55

tazzman55 New Member

Range time. Pistol was pretty accurate and comfortable to shoot. Recoil was not what I would expect from a pistol of this size and shape in 9mm. The gas system does cause it to warm up after a few rounds. And this is something that one would want to keep in mind. You might not want to stick it in your waste band after running a couple of mags through it. The only down side to this pistol is the absolutely crappy trigger pull. It is sticky, with no set (warning) before going off. The only way I could get it to perform was to mash the trigger. Which goes counter to everything I have been taught. In a desperate situation the trigger might not be an issue, but at the range it is frustrating.
    I really like this pistol, and if I can find a way to fix the trigger, would consider it a favorite.

12. Kennydale

Kennydale New Member

Watch Hickok45's video on it. It has a very different and sometimes difficult way to field strip. Neighbor has one and she loves it.

13. NDMarksman

NDMarksman Member Supporter

My Walther CCP

I love mine and the trigger on mine is fine. VERY accurate & minimal recoil for a small 9mm.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  14. tazzman55

tazzman55 New Member

Have to say the recoil is mild. And with practice I think I can overcome the trigger. It's just not for target work.