Walmart

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by mnsquatch, May 2, 2013.

1. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

FWIW, a lot less expensive and time effective for me to buy ammo online only. I buy my bird seed and toothpaste at Walmart...:D

2. mnsquatch

mnsquatch New Member

Today I watched Wally mark up every ammo item. Not by much, but enough to notice. Good luck friends. Fortunately it's getting better

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Need email

Someone please post the email for Walmart corp. hq. this is getting stupid now. Any one with a 3rd grade education can see that SOMEONE working in the store is hoarding it!

4. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I actually went to my wal mart last week and they had everything on the shelf. I was frickin shocked. They had 22 325 rnd boxes, 9mm federal and www 100 values, 45 50rnd boxes fed and www, 357, 38sp, 44mag, 380, and 40sw. Plus some hp 223 boxes. Only thing I didnt see is what I wanted at that time and it was federal 223 100rnd val pack. Damn! I havent seen ammo shelf at walmart look like that in almost a yr. There was a line of guys just waiting for someone with a foid to sell. Seriously, about 20 people.

5. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I already posted about this. They r hoarding it. The only person at my wal marr that ever brings ammo out the back when I ask is a girl that doesnt care about it. She even told me they get pissed when she walks back there and grabs it. I went to another and got cool wirh the guy and he told me his boss takes almost all tge 9mm and 45 and calls his friends to come n buy it. He could only sell 3 boxes under 1 transaction. So he rings them up a bunch of seperate times. I know because the guy I got good with actually told me where he hides it under the register in sport goods in the white cabinet with a lock on it. He unlocked it and reached in the back in an unmarked box and there was a whole case of fed 9mm and about half case of 40sw fed. I got pissed and the clerk felt bad so he ended uo selling them all to me. Under 4 different transactions. So I KNOW that they r doing it. Just cant go to tge wal marts with managers that shoot also. Youll never get ammo.

6. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

(I really don't like to quote myself)

Today - while buying birdseed, and a couple other household items, I strolled back to glance at the normally bare ammo case. Shock upon shock!!! They had ammo. The "sales associate" said my wife and I could each buy 3 boxes (100 rounds/box) of Winchester 9mm... I bought a total of 2 boxes - $.25/round!! (replaced what we used last week). Still prefer to buy online though - when the price is right...:)

7. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Wow!!!! Walmart had 5.56 xm855 1000rnd cases for 449.00 today. They had 4 cases. Also had alot of misc ammo lile 45 40 and so on. I havent seen that longer than a year.

8. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

Went to Walmart and Gander Mountain today. Walmart shelves were empty of any handgun ammo. Gander mountain had everything, even .22lr. Prices are still high especially on the .22, but they were in stock. Maybe if people do not buy them prices will come down. I walked out empty handed and told the guy working there that prices are still too high (Like that will do a lot of good!).

9. DrFootball

Went to the other Wally World, About 45 minutes away since the DW had a medical Appt. out that way. No handgun ammo at all(again) grabbed 20ga. & 410. Rolled my motorized cart up to the dept check out. Casually mentioned again that the Walmart in my town is staffed by crooked managers. Said no handgun ammo? She said " turn around" and there is her co worker with 3 doz. asst. boxes on a motorized dolly. Got two 100 rd boxes of 38's and 1 9mm, along with my shotgun shells. Meet wife at checkout...happy wife happy life....

10. dcilten

dcilten New Member

I'm guessing the 3 box limit per person, per day, isn't a nationwide policy? All 7 of the Wally worlds in my area all have this limit.

11. DrFootball

It is where a store's stock is a certain level. The one I was in today says "3 boxes per caliber" I saw a guy on line ahead of me get 9 total. 3 12ga., 3 .308, and 3 45ACP...
    They had no 22 as usual, but had a little 38 & 9 so I got some and some shotgun shells....

12. dcilten

dcilten New Member

Hmmm....the stores in my area enforce 3 boxes total....I thought it was like Scheels, which is 3 boxes per caliber, but they said no, 3 period.

13. DrFootball

The other one closer to where I live does that,.but they never have anything to sell.

14. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Ours here in Indiana is only 3 total too!! We picked up some .40 and .45 the other day.

15. afe7

afe7 New Member

The walmarts in the Dayton Ohio area have had ammo on a more regular basis. We were traveling through Kansas the 1st week of August and was able to pick up a 250 round box of 9mm and some Tula 556. There are still times when no ammo is available but those trips are fewer. The range I go to seems busy so I am encouraged.

16. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Wal marts by me can sell only 3 at a time any caliber. So u could only buy 1 9mm, 1 45acp, and 1 40sw. And so on....or 3 9mm boxes, etc. The shotgun and off the wall calibers have no restriction.

17. niteglock

niteglock New Member

My buddy went to the walmart by him and they had 1000rnd cases of 556 xm855 for 449.00. He bought two of them and now has 2000 rnds. Good day for him I guess.

18. dcilten

dcilten New Member

And out $1000! But good for him if he can afford it. I can only buy a little at a time. I did pick up the Rem UMC 250 rd value pack in .40 and .45 yesterday though. I was kicking myself though because I realized I could have bought 3 100 round boxes of .45 Federal for less than the 250 rd case of .45! I cursed for that, $8 less would have got me 50 more rounds!!!

19. mnsquatch

mnsquatch New Member

Local section on armslist had 10 pack cases of certain ammunition today from the same seller. Same ammo that Walmart was "supposed to have".

20. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Screw Walmart! They disabled the app so shooters couldn't locate ammo. I found GECO 124 gr ammo at PSA for $13.99 a box. The same price walmart charges for federal FMJ that has less velocity with a 115 gr bullet.