walmart :/

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by apwvsd40ve, Apr 8, 2013.

1. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Perhaps this is just frustration from the time that we are in..but the folks at my local Walmart sporting goods section are really starting to anger me. Everytime I go in there at the "best time" I have either just missed the ammo I need or it did not come in. I sent my wife tonight and they just looked at her funny until she was so uncomfortable that she left (I was quick to straighten that out with a phone call). I, and others, believe they are purchasing it before it hits the floor....is anyone else experiencing this....or am I just frustrated?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The employees tend to have backroom deals with friends and lgs from what I've heard.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013

3. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

First download the walmart app to see if it actually shows anything in stock at that location, its pretty accurate. That will give you some leg to stand on. If it shows stock and they are saying there is none, then thats when you ask for a manager and let them know that someone is feeding you BS. I did that and found out the ammo was actually on the truck at the dock fixing to be unloaded! The app is very helpful though! Good luck!

4. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

You find out who your friends are....

Me personally.... Now that ammo is starting to turn up at my local Ma & Pa stores and online... I'm DONE getting shooting, sporting and camping supplies at the China puppet, Dick's and Cheaper Than Dirt. :mad:

5. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

The trouble is that the the app isnot turning up ammo locally for me...well it has but not when i needed it too..lol..it is a bit inconsistent locally...that may be the supply chain though.

6. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

I agree except about online....the fees associated with an ammo purchase online make the cost if the ammo much higher imo ....(midway 15 processing, gander mountain 9 ammo surcharge on any order)

7. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

My brother-in-law became a regular fixture at the Wal-Mart sporting goods counter. After a couple weeks of shooting the bull with the employees, they started putting back ammo for him. I don't think they are buying it for resale, just holding out on the rest of us in favor of their own buddies.

8. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Still BS imo....that is not customer service but chronyism....even if you are the chrony lol...its still not fair to yhe average customer.

9. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I never buy ammo from Walmart.
    ct

10. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I was at Wally World today. Didn't even stop to look. I have quit even thinking about ammo, unless I get some from my favorite lgs.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Same here. They don't get my business on anything though. West Monroe is still old fashioned enough that we actually have things like hardware stores and whatnot.

12. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

Wal-Mart is raising their prices on magazines and other accessories, they have Remington magazines for my 597 but they are charging $16 for them when I bought two for $8 from them a few months ago.

13. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

At least you can find a magazine....the Mags that I have been looking for (mossberg 702 and S& W SD40 VE) are only available on Ebay right now and are ridiculously high.

14. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

And I don’t think it’s just happening at Wally World. It’shappening everywhere. I was talking to someone that used to work at local Dunham’s and he said that the employees there would take a stash of ammo before it would hit the floor and horde it for themselves. What they put out the floor is onlya third of what they sale the public. It’s a shame..

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  15. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Actually, if you keep your eyes open (and use say, AmmoSeek.com or ammonow.com) you can find stuff reasonable (well... as reasonable as it gets for now at least). I lucked up a couple of weeks ago and got a 375 round pack of 22lr off Cabelas for $33.75 (that included the shipping) which comes out to about $.09 a round... Still high, but it was in stock and on my door step in 4 days.... My son was very excited... Now we can go plinking this weekend !! :D

16. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

Well there not really popular rifles and there only ten rounders

17. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Actually they have been really easy for me to find in the past....but when they were plentiful, I was not shooting like i do now...and were certainly not as expensive.

18. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I never buy ammo from Walmart. But just yesterday after picking up dog threats for my dogs, I stopped and picked up a few boxes of shotgun shells. They were overpriced, needlessly to say.

19. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

Yesterday Wal-Mart did have maybe 25 boxes of 223 but only had 3 when I went back, it only lasted a few hours.

20. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I get so sick of the damn anti Wal-Mart whining. For Gawd's sake take that crap to the conspiracy forum.