Walmart is our Friend !!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mudpupp, Sep 15, 2012.

1. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Walmart is our Friend .. This week anyway.

For the first time of my knowledge, our local Walmarts are advertising Colt and Sig Sauer AR-15's for sale in there weekly ad!

Way to go Walmart!

image-3120101574.jpg

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Those prices are close to dealer pricing.

Makes me wonder if those are special runs that Walmart can work out with the manufacturers on volume pricing?

Or does Walmart buy those that are functional, but flawed in some way?

3. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

So many folks love to hate Wallmart but I like them, Walton was truly a visionary. I dont go their often but Im not upset to see them doing well. Republicrats say they want to help the poor, Walmart really does help the poor. They get jobs, reasonable prices and consistent availability of affordable goods.

They dont hurt small businesses, few are left and if the locality cant afford their prices, they wont have any customers anyways. It would truly be hypocritical of me to say those with less $$ than I should not have access to guns because they cant afford them. I can gaurentee that they are not less than presented in quality, you cant sell defective or second rate guns to the public, you will get your pants sued off.

If Wally World can get them at the right price, they only increase our odds of keeping our Constitution solid for coming generations.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

From what I understand Walmart always cuts costs by cutting corners and using inferior materials etc. If it's too good to be true, it is.

5. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Volume pricing and sometimes exclusive models.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I just don't see it. Sig and Colt aren't going to put their names on second rate half *** made products. Walmart does do a lot of import goods and volume buying . They have 8500 stores in 15 different countries that operate under a different name , think about it like this Wally world buys just 1500 of each gun , what kinda price do they get now . Rock bottom. They employ 2.2 mil people right now. That's a damn lot a jobs. I hate to see all the imports in our country but our economy would be in a worse spot without them. I will not buy meat from them but other goods are just other goods and I do like to buy my tula ammo from them . Saves me some freight charges :) and I don't have to buy 1000 rds to get the same pricing as a box of 20 .

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  7. levelcross

levelcross New Member

when dealing with wallyworld you need to know what you are looking at, the meat is not the best, but it is usually cheaper. I am sure that most of the other things in the store are the same way, check it out good before you buy.

8. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I don't know if it's legal to sell "blems" in firearms, or not. I know you used to be able to buy blemished tires & our gubmit put a stop to it. But Walmart does not sell 'top of the line' items of the manufacturers they represent. I'm not familiar with ARs, but if someone were to get the detailed specs of these, might find they are not as cheap as they look.

9. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Walmart typically asks for exclusive models or ask for limited sales of a model to other big box retailers if they are going to carry it in their stores. The less they have to deal with price matching.

10. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Volume buying vs. quality? LMAO. Colt makes rifles for the military. Talk about volume buying.

11. downsouth

downsouth New Member

The best way I found to shop at walmart is by taking in the other store ads. Walmart has a policy of ad matching price. That coupled with their lower prices helps me assure the most bang for my grocery buck. On the way out of the store I generally hand the ads to some family that is about to enter the store.

12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

What is interesting about Walmart's "price matching" scheme, is that they will not price match within their own system. I shop at two different Walmarts. One is in a rural area and is an "ethnic" store. The other is in a much more upscale neighboorhood.

The prices in the "ethnic" rural store are consistantly higher than in the upscale store. Just for kicks and giggles I took photos in the high end store of price lables and took the, the same day, to the other store. They would not match the store 20 miles away prices.

If you took everthing in the store, that is made in China, out of the store, you could put the rest of the merchandise in the bedroom I am sitting in now.
    They are one of the biggest causes of the trade imbalance.

As far as their employees, the treat them like dirt. Only a small portion of the employees get any benefits. Most make minimum wage or slightly more. A large proportion of Wal-Marts employees get government assistance because their wages leave them below the poverty line.

13. downsouth

downsouth New Member

The higher prices in the hood doesn't surprise me. When I was in retail management, the stores in the hood always had the largest gross margin of profit.

14. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

What states does Walmart sell guns?

15. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

We have them here by pittsburgh

16. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

They sell them down here in Texas and Oklahoma. Not sure what other states they do it in.

17. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Wyoming our walmart has the colts, sigs, and a bunch of ar accessories and back hawk holsters and gear

18. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Ky stores( some of them) carry them. Delton, sig, s&w, bushmaster.

19. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

LA and MS do also. limited items tho, depends on where you are located.

as for the "seconds" theory.......wal-mart used to sell guns, and if anything was wrong with them, take them back (with a receipt). but people would buy them for the huntin season, and bring them back....even if workin properly. due to the "new" regulations over the past 15 or 20 years, they won't anymore. so be wary when buyin guns from wally world.

oh, by the way, a cousin of mine bought 6 guns from wal-mart back in the late eighties. he said there were something like 10 or 20 long guns that an associate was pushin around in a cart. he asked her what she was doin with them, and she said they were for discount. he asked if he could look thru them, she said yes, and he ended up buying an 870 20 gauge Express, and 870 12 gauge Wingmaster, a .22 or some sort, two muzzleloaders and something else for less than $600.00. there was a Model 700 that he was gonna get, but he had to go home and come back. when he got back, it was gone.