Walmart ammo

Discussion in 'In Stock' started by beretta9988, Apr 3, 2013.

1. beretta9988

beretta9988 New Member

So I had a frustrating experience at Walmart today. The Walmart I go to stocks their ammo overnight then starts selling at 7am or whenever the sporting good person gets in. yesterday I go their around 7am and was told there was no ammo and to try again tomorrow. I go this morning and while waiting I look at the iphone app for walmart and it says they have 9mm 100 round federal in stock. So I get excited I am the only one there thinking cool I can finally get some ammo. The sporting good manager comes in and I tell her I want 3 boxes of 9mm and she says we don’t have any. I say the app says you have it in stock. She says we had it yesterday and it sold out. Now I am confused. I was there yesterday and was told nothing came in.

The sporting goods manager tells me yes I remember you from yesterday and I apologize a bunch of ammo showed up around 10am. It was found in the one of the food aisle boxes in a box labeled ketchup. Then later in the day more showed up in a box labeled mustard. The sporting good manger and store manager are looking into it.

Sounds like Walmart employees are hiding ammo so they can purchase it the next day. The sporting good manager told me employees can’t buy ammo unless it has been in stock for more than 24 hours.

2. Mongo

Mongo Active Member Supporter

I used to deliver trailers to Walmart stores. The process generally involves the store receiving 3 trailers daily. The receivers won't know what products are on which trailer. Throw in a shift change and the clerks may honestly not know what has arrived but has not been unloaded yet.

3. beretta9988

beretta9988 New Member

I understand that but funny how ammo was found in a box with mustard a ketchup.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That sounds like BS.

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Walmart does not pay very much so the employees are probably supplementing their income.

6. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

Ya with over priced ammo on armslist.

7. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Maybe they should get a real job then

8. beretta9988

beretta9988 New Member

According to the Walmart app they its still in stock. Does anyone know how accurate the app is. I would think by now the ammo that was sold yesterday would be out of there system by now.

9. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I found two boxes of white box 45 auto and bought them at the wally world down the road. Still says they have limited stock

10. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

6:30 am waiting at my Walmart for some 22lr. Found out it came in last night and won't be on the self till 7:30.

11. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Score!!! 3 boxes of 333.

image-837290098.jpg

12. mchoitz

mchoitz New Member

You think you guys have it bad? Here the sporting goods manager at walmart buys the ammo before it hit the shelf and sells it on the local classifieds for 2-3X the amount, like a 500 round box of .22 for 70$... Surprised he's not fired

13. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

They do that at some locals Walmart's a here also.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

If you can prove it's him, and that this is what he's doing, start reporting him. And I don't mean, to the store manager every now and then. Take it to their corporate headquarters, district managers, whatever.

Walmarts are oftentimes run like their own little feudal fiefdom. You have to go above and beyond THAT store's management to see anything get done. The local manager is only concerned with one thing, keeping their job. In this day and age, that's a legit concern. But many people in many different jobs will do so with disregard to what's right and wrong.

A District Manager is concerned with making sure the stores aren't jacked up. That would be the first person I would talk to.

15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Exactly- bitchin among ourselves will not solve the problem----

16. davva360

davva360 New Member

I agree if you find out anything like that going on at Walmart call their corporate office. My ex wife works at a Walmart and people have been fired for less. It only takes one or two to lose their jobs and word will get around and it will stop.

17. davva360

davva360 New Member

The app has not helped me so far. Been to three Walmart's today that said they had stuff in stock and none of them did.

Spoke to the General manager of one store and he said the website is not always accurate. I told him I had heard of employees stashing ammo to buy themselves. He said if he found out anyone was doing that they would be fired.

Maybe he is in on it lol.

18. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I know when they showed handgun ammo on their website, it showed a date of when it was updated which usually was days earlier. I have found one time it was correct!!

19. MemphisJim1

MemphisJim1 New Member

I had an interesting call today from a friend who has regular contact with Winchester's ammunition plant in North Mississippi. According to him, Winchester has been making .22LR in copious quantities and shipping to Walmart as usual. However, as he notes, we rarely hear of or see any on shelves in the stores. According to the friend, Winchester and Remington have learned that Walmart has not restricted ammo sales to its employees. Suspicions are that pallets are not even making it out of the distribution centers; employees are buying them there. Could that explain the quantities being offered for sale by private sellers on sundry websites? Seems like an easy way to "supplement" one's income. More basically, though, if all the manufacturers continue to make and ship .22LR, where is it all going? Another friend suggests that ammo could become the currency of choice if such huge quantities are being hoarded, as we all suspect.

20. audiophile

audiophile New Member

The only problem with that is there is no way to purchase the ammo at the distribution centers. This would also affect shipping and bills of lading. Once home office decides which stores are going get a shipment and how much, all the ammo (and other freight) has to be accounted for. I understand that Winchester may be producing at normal levels, but there are over 4500 Walmarts and they are not the only company that receives ammo from the manufactures. I can tell you that we see a decent flow of .22lr as well as other ammo, but we also have people coming in at all hours to purchase so it is usually gone by morning. Obviously I can not speak for all stores, but at my store our associates are bound by the same rules as everyone else. Three box limit and they have to be off the clock to purchase. It is not just Walmart, Academy, Dick's,Bass Pro and our local gun shops are all in the same boat.