Walmart Ammo

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by bean1, Feb 22, 2014.

1. bean1

bean1 New Member

Was at walmart today looking at some 223/5.56 ammo today and they changed their buying rules. You can buy all the ammo you want now as long as it isn't .22lr. They only have a 3 box limit on .22lr when they have it in stock lol.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

2. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

I haven't seen it in Stock at Walmart since the shortage. That and 9mm are the only things they never have still

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Firearms Talk mobile app

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I don't even look for ammo at walmart. I know when to be there to see the ammo rolled out. Going to Walmart like a junkie at the methadone clinic looking for ammo gets old quick. There are better ways to get ammo. I would like to see Walmart get 22 LR ammo in stock at whatever the price might be. Walmart getting stocked with 22 LR ammo will make prices come down.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

you are more than welcome to share those better ways if you know how.

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Um, yeah. Last time I checked, reasonably priced .22 was impossible to find online, and it's not reloadable for the most part. I'm NOT paying over $0.10 a round for freaking .22. I can reload some centerfire rounds for just a few cents more!

6. Axxe55

you would think if a person knew of an easier way to get 22 rimfire ammo, he would be willing to share those ideas with others as well, instead of just teasing us!:eek:

7. big_blue79

big_blue79 New Member

I used to work at the Walmart here in town, it's where I buy most of my Ammo and drop in to see a few friends at, last time I was in there a few days ago, they'd got a shipment of .22LR 550rnd Bricks in on the truck, the deal was supposed to be that from now on they put out half of what they get at night, and the other half get's put out at 7am to keep the amount of people fighting down. That was a new one on me, even though it was all sold before 7am... Also while I worked there I was told that we weren't allowed to sell Ammo or Guns after 9pm, I got off at 10pm one time, saw two FULL cases of .22LR 550rnd Bricks be unloaded off the truck, **** was gone by 7am.. I got pissed, cause I was gonna buy some and was told that we could sell ammo at night AFTER being told we couldn't the night before.. We've still got a 3 box limit no matter what, I bought a 250rnd pack of .45ACP the other day, a 100rnd pack of 9mm, and a 50rnd pack of .357Mag 125gr SP's cause I CAN'T find those locally.. and was told I couldn't buy rifle or shotgun ammo, I was gonna clean them out on .270 just to have it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  8. ccase39

ccase39 Member

Acadamy here is the same way. All you can carry except .22

9. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Member

I haven't bought any 22lr ammo in almost a year and probably won't for another year or so. I was fortunate enough to catch some in stock early on when the craze hit and stocked up a few thousand rounds and have just been conservative about shooting it. Have to admit though, it took standing in line at Walmart a couple of days a week for about a month. Hope to never do that again.

Its a shame people are paying the prices they are for this stuff. If they'd just stop for a couple of months maybe things would stabilize and start getting back to normal.

10. big_blue79

big_blue79 New Member

Damn, everyone else has it lucky I guess. My Academy is same way as walmart...

11. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Our Walmart usually has 9MM, .45, and .40 in stock. I haven't seen .22 since the crazy started!!

Some people are just plain STUPID!!

12. Axxe55

in the immortal words of Forrest Gump, "stupid is, as stupid does." :p

13. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I change my signature on my iPad!:p

Sent from somewhere at sometime during that one day.

14. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

I don't like the change. It still needs to be three box limit on all ammo. We have a LGS that has a shooting range and they have been clearing the shelves for years. I went by this morning and they got a case of blazer .22 in.It was sold out within an hour Guess what the LGS had plenty of blazer but nothing else.9mm .380 and .22 are gone before it touches the floor.shooters like me can't shoot. I have a 200 to 500 round stand by. When I'm ready to shoot I buy what I'm shooting. Most the time it's less than 150 rounds. I can't find my replenish I don't shoot.

15. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I just bought some .38 special and .45s, but there was a 3 box limit!!:(:(

Sent from somewhere at sometime during that one day.

16. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

If someone inventioned a rimfire press that anybody could use I would invest every penny I owned into them.

mammas dont let your cowboys grow up to be babies

17. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Everything is on the shelves here (and has been for 6 months), save 22lr. You can occasionally find decent prices on 22lr online, and I hear it's showing up pretty regularly at local stores for under $20/brick. But they disappear quickly in those cases. I just haven't been motivated enough to go on the hunt for it. I must have 6-8K rounds sitting around...for this very reason.

Spend a few hundred bucks on 22lr when it's abundant, and that ammo problem will no longer be your problem. (And it will be plentiful again)

18. Axxe55

i find it rather curious that someone would state there are better ways of getting 22 rimfire ammo than hanging out at WalMart, but won't reveal those ways of doing it or the sources. :(

19. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I'll tell ya. Around here you can find 22lr at BiMart (a NW chain) and farmer's Co-Op type stores for maybe 5-15% over Walmart prices. It isn't there always, but the price is right and it's more likely to be in stock than at Walmart. And the service is better. And there's less weirdos there. And it's quicker to pop in and out. And you don't have to wrestle the 'pump and dump' ammo crowd looking to turn a $10 profit. And all that is easily worth the extra $1.50 spent per brick in my opinion.

I've bought quite a bit of ammo from Walmart. And I'll buy more from them to be sure. If they have what you want, their prices are really tough to beat. But I also find enough about Wally World inconvenient that I'll often cough up an extra couple bucks just to avoid them. I think that's the point that was being made.

20. mdwalkerjr

mdwalkerjr New Member Supporter

Go to ammoseek.com. It does a real time seek for in stock and cost. If something strikes your fancy you go to that company's website order it and have it shipped to you. Painless.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk