Walmart ammo preference

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Angry_bald_guy, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Winchester White box

51.9%
  2. Federal

44.4%
  3. Remmington (only offered in JHP so more expensive)

7.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Angry_bald_guy

Angry_bald_guy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Ok, as the title says, I'm looking for your preference on Walmart's ammo offering. My Walmart only stocks 3 brands of .45, so that's all that's available in the poll. Please give me your thoughts on them.

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I buy the Federal when they actually have it in stock and I need to replenish my brass supply. I find it to be cleaner then WWB and I love their brass for reloading. Remington is just too expensive. I can't see spending $4 more per box for the exact same thing.

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last time I bought anything other than 22lr. If I bought ammo it would probably be the white box.

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I buy both the WWB and Federal, of course that's only when they have some on the shelves.

Both work very well for me. I have no complaints.

Jack

5. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

If the price is the same I would pick Federal. Around here the prices seem to bounce up and down so you can't say one is higher than the other. As a rule though I like Federal ammo. All three listed companies make quality ammo, it's really just what you and your gun like best.

6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I like WWB, but have had good luck with Rem & Federal the few times I have bought it.
    Id probably just go with the least expensive.
    Then save your brass for reloading. If you don't reload, then recycle......send your brass to me:p

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Wally world in okay for some things. I buy the WWB there. Knowing that Wally World makes deals with manufacturers (price shopping, SKU vs SKU, if they match, price match. but I still have yet to find a TV at Wally World that has the same SKU as Best Buy).
    I will not buy a firearm or SD ammo from Wally World.

8. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I buy Federal because they are always cheaper here compared to WWB. As a result, I never tried WWB so cannot give you any comparison other than cost (locally to me).

9. spittinfire

No gate, they are to send it to me. I thought that was common knowledge.

10. nhsuper44

nhsuper44 New Member

My Wally-world only stocks .45 in WWB, 9mm Federal is much cheaper there,as9mm WWB is about $3.00 more. I shoot whatever is the lower cost for now. Both are great to shoot.

11. Angry_bald_guy

Angry_bald_guy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for the feedback guys. WWB is about 50 cents more expensive per 50 rounds, however they only stock Federal in 50 round boxes and WWB is in 100 round boxes. I may get a box of the Remmington to run through the gun for personal defense but I really like my FMJ...

12. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Hands off my brass, trick! Step off, I'm workin' this corner!! [​IMG]
    :D

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

They carry three different types of .45acp fmj here.

Federal .45 for $15.97 a box /50rds

Winchester white box 100rds for $32.97

UMC 250rds for $84.97

I buy the federals if they have them wwb if they don't. Right now I can't fint anymore .45acp into my .45acp ammocan.

14. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I buy whatever they have, whenever they have it. Never had problems with any of it.

The CCI Blazer Brass was the cheapest for a long time, but I found it to be almost worthless in the accuracy department, through any of my .45's.

The Winclean and Federal equiv shoot great and are super clean (I'm positive my guns are cleaner AFTER shooting than they were before), but I hate the small primers.

15. ironsights

ironsights New Member

.45 at walmart

wow, in So. Calif we buy whatever they have on the shelves, which is usually nothing in 45acp, a little stock in 9mm and a shelf full of .40s&w. but if i had my choice it would be federal.

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Wwb..............

17. spittinfire

Oh no you didn't, ho! My babies got to eat!!!

You just need more ammo cans.

18. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

My Wallyworld gets their ammo and calibers in fits and bursts. In .45 I've got some Rems to fire. Got some Winchester Bonded JHP for personal protection.
    I'll probably get some WWB in the future if they have them.

I usually buy WWB in 9mm, 115gr. for my P1. Remingtons are iffy in the reliable feed department. Picked up a couple boxes of RWS 124 gr in 9mm if I ever have to get serious.

My Sigma .40 will eat anything I have fed it to date. For target I shoot a lot of WWB.

I shoot at an outdoor range with a lot of high grass and shrubs. Almost impossible to save any once fired brass.