Wally World Issue

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

So Mrs. Benning takes her vehicle to Wal-Mart for an oil change. BB is so proud that she's responsible, and he doesn't have to deal with it.

So she drives for a week, all the while noticing a smell.

She does massive running tonite, see smoke coming out, pops the hood, and discovers that the talking monkeys at Wal-Mart didn't put the cap back on.

She puts her emergency oil in, drives home, and gets to meet with the manager tomorrow. I think I'll be there.

I should point out that I keep a lawyer on retainer, and a small claims suit would cost me nothing.

What's my next move?

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Dealing with the twits at Wal mart may require the use of your Lawyer.

I had a girl that took her car to walmart once they forgot to add oil. She drove it for abotu a day before it locked up so tight it was not funny.

Wal mart tried to blame her for the problem because she didn't check her oil every day. We (me and a few other guys) made her go to the JAG. Wal-mart was not going to pay for damages and she was a single mom without a car now. One call from Harmon Rabb and Wal-mart bought her a new engine paid for the install and paid for a nice rental car while it was getting done.

3. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I thought I might have to go that route.

Thanks, Brother Tango.:cool:

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Apparently, stupid really is as stupid does. Good luck.

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

DENNY CRANE!!!!!! :D

Jack

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Why Denny? So he would shoot someone from walmart in the court room..... I love that show.

7. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

That's a FACT.

8. markerdown

markerdown New Member

What did you expect, ASE qualified first rate mechanics at wal-mart? I've worked in places like that part time in my younger AF days. They may have 1 or 2 good mechs, the rest are clowns and the good guys don't stay long. You always have to check your car over before you leave!

You'll get the corporate concern line from the auto dept manager.

Make sure you read the fine print on that service contract that your wife signed authorizing them to screw up your car. ...................markerdown

9. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Been through that.

I was in a hurry, no line at Wally. I had them change the oil in Matt's 5.0 Mustang. The have 2 drain plugs. They drained the front one dumped 5 quarts in and ran it out the door. I checked the oil before I fired it. Just 2 or 3quarts over full. No damage. Just redo it while I watched them. Being in a hurry, yeah, that worked good. I did grin a little when I would not let them start it to put it back over the pit. Push it boys.

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Make 'em pay BB, it won't make any difference for the rest of the public who doesn't know any better but....it might!!

This kind of stuff makes my blood boil. When I think of the hoops I had to jump through to get my first job at a service station (that's what they called a full service garage and gas station in the old days) I wonder what employers are thinking about these days?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I will never, personally, have auto work done at the same place I buy groceries.

Eff Wal Mart.:mad:

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Let's see, New Hire checklist:

Not too much tackle box equipment in face? Check.

Can s/he fog this mirror? Check.

Will s/he work for this crappy wage? Check.

You're hired!

13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It would sure hurt to punch that freak in the face. :eek:

15. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Yea, but you could hook him up to your big screen and get all the premium channels for free!! :D

16. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

You forgot: Shown up for work for a week without being late, or totaling a car, or being stoned, and you'll be promoted to Asst. Manager with a 25 cent raise.

17. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Is it just me or could he pass for obama without all the silver?

18. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Doesn't matter where you go. This little place up the street called "The Grease Monkey" has been changing oil for us for years w/o a problem.

One weekend I got the oil changed on my old F250, drove it home and parked it. After coming home from work that Monday I noticed a huge puddle of oil underneath the drain plug. They lost the little o-ring and just put the drain plug on w/o it. I lost 2 quarts that day.

They apologized and gave us 50% the next one. They were always good so we took the wife's car in next. Another puddle, not the drain plug this time though. They didn't tighten the filter enough. Lost a quart.

I went in and told em we'd never be back and that I'd bad mouth em every chance I got.

I doesn't matter who you are, if you get in a hurry quality goes down quick.

19. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

The problem with walmart--

They arent real mechanics. All they do is change oil and tires. Not one person in any Wlamart TLe is ASE ceritifed.

My ex took our Honda Del Slo on their for a simple change one day. She came home, I went out to check for leaks and proper level. Oil was black as hell and smelled like gas. They didnt change the oil or filter.
    I drove it back up their and told them, they said it would be 3 hours before they could inspect it. To which I replied, The KSAG's office is only 10 minutes away. It was promptly corrected.

My wife took our Accord in this July and had them do an oil change. A few days later, I notice they had indicated 5-20 was used in the change. I called in and asked if that info was correct, and they assured me it was. I waited till it had 4500 miles since that change(a week ago) and took it up there sunday. Asked the TLE manager what oil should be put in my car. To which she replied 5w-20. I requested she go check the book, and let me know that it said 5w-30 in the cool months, and 10w-30 in the warmer months. She went and checked, came back kind of embarrased, and said I was completely correct. Said absolutely nothing baout I had waited 2 months to tell them about it.

Oil and fikter were promtly changed, all fluids checked and toppped, windshield washed, and interior vacuumed out.

This is a rare instance where the manager was a normal person, who realizes the error. The TLE manager at the old walmart we lived by, was a welfare recieving *****. With attitude and ebonics fitting of a deathrow inmate.

20. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I have no trust in Wally World or the other fast oil change places. I will change and double check it myself!