Wally World 10/22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Scratchammo, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I bought my first 10/22 Tuesday, it's the All Weather model for $237. This thing hasn't jammed on me once! My only question is about the finish. It has the synthetic stock & stainless barrel but for some reason the action housing is blued :confused:. Is that a Walmart exclusive or something?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

its not blued its painted. the 10/22 receivers are investment cast. they are aluminum so wont rust and aluminum wont take most traditional finishes.

3. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Thanks for the info. I kind of like it this way, it minimizes glare.

4. jyo

jyo New Member

10-22

Congrats on your new 10-22---everyone should have at least one 10-22!

5. LightArtisan

LightArtisan New Member

Just wanted to add that I miss our Wal Mart stores carrying real firearms, the most we can buy now are BB guns and some Airsoft models.

Great gun! I had one when I was a kid but my Dad 'inherited it', so I recently bought myself another - I agree with the above, everyone should own at least one 10/22.

6. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Same in Norfolk, I don't know what started it. Maybe the rumors of a customer shooting himself & suing Wal Mart for it are true. :mad:

7. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations Scratch. It's the Swiss Army Knife of .22's. :cool:

9. woodswalker

woodswalker New Member

The Walmart stores in Northern Minnesota still carry real firearms. I've got a 10/22 that I bought in 1978 when I worked for a Pamida discount center in Virginia, Mn. They retailed for about $75.00. On sale and with my employee discount, I paid $55.00 for the standard carbine with walnut stock. That gun has had thousands of rounds through it and still shoots like the day I got it. Good Luck and have lots of fun with yours.

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Nice. The guy just posted about a new gun that he's proud of and you had to come up with this? jeezus

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

they work right out of the box with very good accuracy and cycle pretty much everything 22lr you stuff in the mags. cant say that about any other auto-loading 22lr rifle out there.

if you dont like em, no biggee, but they dont need customizing to be accurate and reliable. they are already that out of the box.

to get a better 22lr rifle your going to be spending 2 or 3 times the cost of a 10/22 to barely edge one. take the difference in price get a trigger job or a drop trigger kit and target barrel your still under the cost of a pricier "better" autoloader but now you got a stunningly accurate rifle instead of a very accurate one.

in the price range of a standard 10/22 there isnt a better auto-loader dollar for dollar.

10/22 is a damn fine choice and a very wise one. congrats to the OP on your rifle

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

If you said it while he was pondering his choice of .22s, that would be one thing. But you had to say it after he already bought it. There's no excuse for that.

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Or a Marlin 60.

14. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

10-22

I love the Rugar 10-22 frame and setup. I think they kidnapped me, drugged me, and measured my arm length and hand grip in my sleep before they designed it. My old 10-22 wasnt exaclty a nail driver but its still one if the better .22 rifles I've owned in terms of out-of-the-box quality and usability. Congrats on your recent aquisition!. Now all you need is some of those plastic hot lips high cap mags and you're in business.
    As far as the Marlin model 60 preference..... sure it'll drive a nail at 100 yards, but a tube fed sure does load slow. When we declare war on a rogue army of empty zombie beer cans, I'd rather have that "point and shoot" volume of fire on my side with some drop out high cap mags........just sayin

15. Jakey

Jakey New Member

I only own a Marlin 60, I don't have a problem with loading a tube mag, i think i can do it pretty quick.

the 10/22 is on my list of guns I must have however, congrats. The only firearms the walmart around here carries, and it's only 1 of them at that is shotguns. I think wally world is going to way of the Kmart. I did pick up 4 boxes of .22 federal lighting for 14.99 a box though, which was a shocker, I bought all they had in the case :|

16. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Now, if you want to upgrade your trigger to a genuine "Stalkingbear" worked trigger, I'll sell you mine. It's a great job, but I don't need it any more.

17. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Are you serious? Are you really on this thread just to start a flame? I've got a couple of words that accurately describe this type of behavior, but I won't.

Reported

18. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I want I want I want

19. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Yeah.....that was definitely uncalled for!

20. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

PM if interested, Darin.