Wallet Holster?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by TheRifleman, Oct 4, 2007.

1. TheRifleman

TheRifleman New Member

Are there any holsters that look like a wallet?

So if you get mugged for your wallet you have a gun disguised as a wallet...?

2. csteinman

csteinman New Member

idk what guns they're specifically made for but yeah they do exist for some of the mouseguns. very, very cool and creative...

3. rickrem700

rickrem700 New Member

Wallet guns

My dad had one for years, can't recall what the gun was, very long time ago,
    Don't hold me to this, but I'm thinking it was a Beretta tom cat in 25cal atleast that's what comes to mind, I'm sure with a little help from GOOOOOGLE you could come up with some answers.

4. Pounce

Pounce New Member

You can find pocket holsters out their for small cal. pistols. It would be the same as a wallet type, I guess. A good source might be the Rockefellers or Rothschilds. I'm sure they have some good suitable wallets. Theirs would probably hold a full sized .45! :D

5. csteinman

csteinman New Member

except with a wallet holster i'm pretty sure you can fire the gun while it's still holstered, at least that was my impression. there's a hole for the trigger and an opening in the wallet at the end of the barrel. not sure how the slide would function while in it, however, but perhaps it's just real hard leather as not to cause as much friction with the slide.

the benefit of this obvious is that the theif will just think you're handing him a wallet when you're really about to blast him. surprise!

6. Pounce

Pounce New Member

7. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

wallet holsters

Wallet holsters as described here, where the gun can be fired from inside the wallet, are illegal in Texas even for CHL holders. Seems to me they would be pretty impractical, anyway--if the leather is slick enough and the fit loose enough to allow a small auto to function, it wouldn't be a very secure carry. The only one I ever saw that would work was designed for a 2-shot .22 magnum derringer, and who wants one of those?

On the other hand, there are heaps of pocket holsters with a flat leather flap on the outer side, sometimes removable, that gives the appearance of a wallet in the pocket. One draws the pistol from underneath the flap and can then hold and fire it properly. Very practical and concealable. Just Google "pocket holster" and you'll see a ton of 'em.

8. jertfunk

jertfunk New Member

I saw one on Ebay

9. SimonTuffGuy

SimonTuffGuy New Member

Check your state laws, but I'm pretty sure that in most cases, you're required to surrender any personal property... IE... If you're being robbed and they want your wallet, you can't pull out your gun, shoot, and kill them and be ok with the law (unless you can really prove that you're acting in self defense, and that you can prove that to a jury of 12)...

*shrug* - Just something to think about.

10. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

There is a law that was enacted a while back, initally it swept across the US, it was called The Castle Doctrine, this law gives you the right to stand your ground and fight to protect your property. In Arizona, it also allows the person shooting to protect their property to be considered Innocent until proven Guilty. I really can't believe that a person could be required to surrender their wallet to a criminal, tho I have spoken with several people who even though armed, decided it best to just give the wallet and not start trouble!

11. SimonTuffGuy

SimonTuffGuy New Member

bill - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine

Castle Doctrine only pertains to your home, workplace, and maybe vehicle (I think this is primarily if you work from your car/in some states, they consider it either way... I know PA was recently looking to add legislation about having the car considered under that too)...

Read the details... From what I learned in my handgun classes, you had to surrender personal property... I'll keep looking for more info.

12. PAGLOCK23

PAGLOCK23 New Member

I don't know about a wallet but it's small. The "Nemesis"

Attached Files:

13. supergus

supergus New Member

Try masterofconcealment.com. They have one called the Trickster. It prints like a wallet in the back pocket but it holds a small auto. I think it only fits
    .22's and .25's. Good for a backup piece though.

14. wolverine

wolverine New Member

i know there is one for a .380 kel tec.you can even fire and reload while the gun is still in the holster

15. Zappa

Zappa New Member

I have one for my Seecamp .32, which I carry in my back pocket for the months I'm not wearing a jacket. (otherwise it's usually a G27 in a Hi-Ride Belt-Slide)
    The Seecamp holster has a hard leather flap like described in post #7 that prints like a wallet. A friend of mine has one of the old shoot-through type for a .25 auto, but he dosen't take it out of the house anymore because they've been outlawed. I used to see ads for these in the gun mags, but not anymore. I think the ATF banned them so it's a federal law, not just a state law.

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Zappa is correct. The wallet holsters that disguised a gun, and permitted it to be fired while still in leather, are treated by the ATF as a NFA firearm (pen gun, flashlight gun, etc) they require registration as an AOW, payment of Fed taxes, etc. And frankly, if someone is holding a weapon on you, your are NOT likely to "get the drop" on them. Most people that get mugged are 3-5 seconds into the mugging before reality seeks in. Pay attention to what is going on around you. Scale model firearms (25 autos, 22s, etc) have sharply limited stopping power.

17. Iamdirtydave

Iamdirtydave New Member

18. knfxda

knfxda New Member

I think you might be misunderstanding/mis-stating Castle Doctrine. Castle Doctrine refers to the right to defend yourself in your home. (Home is expanded in some states to include place of business, car, or any place (structure) you legally occupy.)

The "right to stand your ground" is within these structures. It used to be the case that even within your own home you had to retreat if it was being invaded and could only use deadly force if you no longer had the ability to retreat.

It is very different from state-to-state. In most states, you are permitted to protect yourself and others, but not your property.

Very few states allow you to "protect your property". Texas is one that comes to mind. If I am not wrong, you are allowed to use deadly force to protect your property in Texas. This might be folded into their Castle Doctrine, but it is not Castle Doctrine itself.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  19. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

About wallet holsters, I use Uncle George's
    for my Ruger LCP 380.

[ame=http://youtu.be/lhxNFOBxxo0]Uncle George's Wallet Holster: front pocket usage - YouTube[/ame]

20. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I'd rather choose the right firearm for my needs, choose the most effective pocket holster, and carry my wallet on my off-hand side.

Then, when I am forced to give up my wallet, my off hand pulls the wallet (distraction), while my strong hand is drawing my firearm.

At least, this is how I carry and just hope that I never have to actually try this shenanigan out for real.